PHILADELPHIA -- Key contributions from bench players helped

PHILADELPHIA -- Key contributions from bench players helped

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 12 kwie 2017, o 08:15

PHILADELPHIA -- Key contributions from bench players helped the Philadelphia Phillies put a winning streak together. Nike Air Max 2016 France . Pinch-hitter Reid Brignac lined a tiebreaking, two-run double in the sixth inning, John Mayberry Jr. hit a three-run homer and the Phillies beat the San Diego Padres 7-3 to complete a three-game sweep Thursday in a game played in steady rain. Brignac, whose three-run homer in the ninth sent the Phillies to a 3-0 victory a night earlier, hit a drive off Dale Thayer to the gap in left-centre for a 4-2 lead. Mayberry connected an inning later off Alex Torres. Making a spot start for Ryan Howard, Mayberry also doubled twice. "Its definitely a game of momentum and I think with the way weve played these last few games, that can definitely carry over." Mayberry said. "I think from top to bottom, weve pitched well, had timely hitting and played good defence. Hopefully we can continue." Kyle Kendrick (2-6) allowed one earned and seven hits, striking out five in six innings. He earned his second win in 20 starts, dating to last year. The Phillies have their first three game-winning streak since May 17-20 and recorded just their second series sweep this season. Ken Giles made his major league debut for the Phillies with two outs in the ninth. He threw a 100 mph fastball on his first pitch before Yasmani Grandal hit an opposite-field homer on a 3-1 pitch. "I just go out and pitch. Whatever it says, it says," Giles said of the radar gun. As for the homer, Giles said: "It looked like a routine fly ball to the warning track to me." Welcome to hitter-friendly Citizens Bank Park, kid. Padres starter Eric Stults (2-8) allowed four runs and eight hits in five-plus innings. Mayberry is batting .324 (12 for 37) with five doubles, three homers and 12 RBIs against lefties. Howard is hitting just .206 (12 for 63) with one double, four homers, 15 RBIs and 30 strikeouts vs. lefties. Manager Ryne Sandberg may have to consider a platoon at first, even though Howard is making $25 million per season through 2016 with a $23 million team option for 2017. "I see it pretty well (against lefties)," Mayberry said. "I think traditionally righties hit left-handers better obviously. Im just trying to take the same approach into every at-bat." Mayberry led off Philadelphias sixth with his second double. Domonic Brown lined a single to right on an 0-2 pitch, chasing Stults. Thayer came in to face Will Nieves, who hit a bouncer to third baseman Chase Headley. His high throw to the plate was in time to get Mayberry. Sandberg challenged the call, but a video review confirmed catcher Grandal tagged Mayberry before his foot touched the plate. Thayer then struck out pinch-hitter Howard. But Brignac followed with a shot to the wall to give the Phillies a two-run lead. Mayberry made it 7-2 with his fifth homer of the season in the seventh. Padres manager Bud Black won a replay challenge in the third inning when a video review showed Ben Revere was out at first base following a drag bunt. Jimmy Rollins hit an RBI single in Philadelphias first to move within two hits of breaking Mike Schmidts franchise record of 2,234. The Padres jumped on Kendrick for two runs in the first. Will Venable led off with a single and Everth Cabrera followed with a single, snapping an 0-for-23 slump. After Seth Smiths groundout, Headley hit an RBI double. Smith scored when right fielder Marlon Byrd bobbled the ball for an error and Headley went to third. Kendrick has a 9.00 ERA in the first inning and batters are hitting .393 against him. "I dont have an answer," Kendrick said. "Ive tried everything. Maybe next game I wont warm up." NOTES: Howard wasnt in the starting lineup vs. Stults, even though hes 2 for 2 with two homers off him. ... Kendrick became the first Phillies pitcher to draw a walk. ... The Padres lost for only the 12th time when having a lead at any point in a game. ... The Phillies open a three-game series against the Cubs on Friday night. Roberto Hernandez (2-4, 4.35) faces Chicagos Jake Arrieta (1-1, 2.50). ... The Padres open a three-game set at the Mets. Andrew Cashner (2-5, 2.13) goes against New Yorks Bartolo Colon (5-5, 4.31). Air Jordan Retro 13 Pas Cher . He made that dream a reality Wednesday night. Olt, who grew up in Branford, Connecticut, attended UConn and made a nearly 2 1-2 hour trek to Boston a handful of times to watch the Red Sox, belted a two-run homer, one of four hit by Cubs in a 16-9 rout that completed a three-game interleague series sweep. Nike Air Max 2016 Noir . The defending champions’ roller coaster season included trading offensive star Percy Harvin in the midst of the team’s 3-3 start. That move that reportedly irked several Seahawk players, but one management saw necessary to save the team’s chemistry. http://www.airjordanshopfrance.fr/nike-roshe-run/nike-roshe-run-bleu.html . The bout served as the headlining matchup of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva" event, which took place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. It was Silva who looked well on his way to victory in the early going, delivering a pair of crushing kicks to the body that sent Brown crashing to the floor, doubled over in pain.ARLINGTON, Texas - Chris Young couldnt overcome a slow start for the Seattle Mariners. He gave up three runs in the first inning and a tiebreaking home run to Shin-Soo Choo in the fifth in a 4-3 loss to the Texas Rangers on Wednesday. Young (3-2) gave up seven hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings. He previously pitched in Arlington in 2006 for the San Diego Padres. "I grew up as a Rangers fan, coming to this ballpark," Young said. "I wanted to come in here and win, thats why Im disappointed that I didnt get that done. "You have those games where if you can limit the damage early, you feel like youll pitch a good game. I gave up one too many in the first." Texas first five batters reached base, with Elvis Andrus hitting a two-run homer and Alex Rios singling home the third run. "(Young) works up in the strike zone. In the first inning, we did a good job of laying off it and making him work," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. Seattle tied the game 3-3 in the fourth. James Jones led off with a triple and scored on Michael Saunders single. Robinson Cano then hit a two-run homer. Centre fielder Michael Choice ran back to attempt a catch, but his glove hit the wall as the ball barely cleared it. Choo led off the fifth with his homer into the bullpen in left-centre. "Got a home run that got up in that gust a little bit, thats it," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Its a tough ballpark to pitch in, but I thought (Young) did a pretty darn good job for us. "He gave us quality innings after the first inning, really got us in a position to use the bullpen guys we needed to, and not stretch anybody." Young wasnt using the wind as an excuse. He knows how the park plays from his days as a fan from Highland Park and as a Rangers pitcher. "I thought it was a decent pitch. Some places its not (out), "If it was a better ppitch, maybe he doesnt hit it out. nike Air Max 2016 Solde. " "Their pitcher pitched in the same stadium. You have got to be better than their guy, thats the way I look at it, whether you give up 10, or you give up one, you have to be better than their guy. I wasnt today." Rangers starter Nick Tepesch (1-0) won for the first time since July 5, 2013. He was making his second major league appearance this season. After Cano doubled with one out in the sixth, Tepesch regrouped to retire Kyle Seager on a fly ball and struck out Justin Smoak. The Mariners threatened in the seventh. With one out, Tepesch walked Dustin Ackley and John Buck. Left-hander Robbie Ross replaced Tepesch and escaped the inning when pinch hitter Stefen Romero grounded into a double play. Ross was pitching for the first time since being removed from the Rangers rotation. He pitched out of their bullpen in 2012 and 13. "I was thinking, Gosh, here we go! Im in a situation where I like to be. I was pretty amped. I wanted to be out of that inning without those runs scoring." The Mariners also had a runner at second with one out in the eighth, but Neal Cotts struck out Cano and Seager. Seattle had only one baserunner against Tepesch in the first three innings: Seager on a leadoff single in the second. He was erased in an unusual 4-5-3 double play. With Texas defence shifted to the right, Smoak grounded to second baseman Luis Sardinas, who threw to Adrian Beltre covering second. Beltres relay throw to first beat Smoak. NOTES: Jones triple stretched his hitting streak to 11 games. ... The Mariners have two injured players almost ready for rehab assignments at Triple-A Tacoma. If LHP James Paxton (strained back muscle) succeeds in a side throwing session Thursday, he could make a start Sunday, McClendon said. Outfielder Logan Morrison (strained right hamstring) could join Tacoma as early as Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Kiedy do logopedy?