锘? Many people have told me they have given up their goal of working at home because it just doesn't exist. When I tell them I work at home and over 50 million others in the United States also work at home Mickey Mantle Yankees Jersey
, I'm told that working at home doesn't work for them.
Perhaps you are thinking the same thing. I'm here to tell you that working-at-home is possible for everyone. But you have to have the following characteristics:
1) You have to want it bad enough.
2) You have to look in the right places.
3) You have to do the work.
If you have the above characteristics, then you just need to follow the 10 steps to work-at-home success!
1) Take 100% responsibility for your life. You are where you are now because of choices you have made. I understand that life may be tough. Perhaps you have been laid off. Or may be you or someone you love is ill. Life presents challenges. But some of the most successful people in history have overcome tremendous odds to achieve success.
Take Kyle Maynard. He was born without any arms below the elbow or legs below the knee. Despite his physical challenges, Kyle was one of the top wrestlers in Georgia in his senior year of high school. Kyle is now wrestling at the University of Georgia and has begun training in Jiu-Jitsu and competing in the sport of submission wrestling. He is also the author of the book No Excuses, which is what this step is about. You need to give up excuses that prevent you from taking action on your goals. You need to refuse to let obstacles including frustration and discouragement get in your way. When bad things happen, you need to CHOOSE to continue on.
While you can't control the external things in your life, you can choose how you respond to them. By choosing to act instead of be acted upon, you will be taking 100% responsibility for your life.
2) Decide what you want. That sounds pretty easy. More money. Better house. More time. But, these are vague and don't inspire action. Be clear about what you want. Be
specific including what color Derek Jeter Yankees Jersey
, what size, what shape, what brand...etc. How much money exactly do you want? What size and style house exactly do you want? Where is it located? On how much land? The more specific you are with your goals, the easier it is to focus on them and be inspired by them.
3) Believe it is possible. This is similar to what I discussed about the people who tell me, that working at home doesn't work for them. Richard Bach who wrote Jonathan Livingston Seagull said, "Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can." Working at home is possible. Millions of others have proven it to be true. They are no smarter or more talented or luckier than you. They just knew it could be done and figured out how to do it. You can do the same.
4) Believe in YOU! Arthur Williams once said, "The number one reason that keeps people from winning in the United States today is a lack of belief in themselves." You are the one person you should root for the most Mariano Rivera Yankees Jersey
, and yet mostly likely you sell yourself short. Society trains us to be like this. We are raised to be mediocre people. But you don't have to accept mediocrity. You can do great things.
History is littered with people who had less than you and rose to great heights. Helen Keller was blind, deaf and dumb living in a world in which women were second-class citizens, yet she rose to become an amazing woman. Abraham Lincoln was poor, suffered from depression, was not handsome, and lost several elections before becoming president. Babe Ruth struck out more times than he hit the ball. But he knew the ball was coming and kept on swinging. If you put your mind to it, you can work at home. I know it. But you need to know it too!
5) Set goals. Goals help define where you want to go so you can develop a map to getting there. "Without goals, and plans to reach them Cool Base Don Mattingly Jersey
, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." Said Fitzhugh Dodson. To be most effective, goals should be written, specific, realistic without being too easy, and they must have a deadline. Once your goals are set, read them three times a day. An easy way to do this is to have a copy taped to your bathroom mirror, one on the refrigerator and one at your desk or any other places that you will see it them regularly.
6) Take action. Having goals without action is like having a road map, but not getting in the car to go anywhere. Mark Twain once said Cool Base Mickey Mantle Jersey
, "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." Unfortunately, it's the start that stops most people. Don't be one of them. Do something everyday that moves you towards your goal. In fact, set out to do 5 things everyday that will move you towards your goal.
7) Stop stopping yourself. How many times have you wanted to do something but didn't because the timing wasn't right or things weren't perfect? In order to be successful, you need to stop limiting yourself. Stop waiting for the right time or the right situation. Success does not come when the time is right, the stars align, and life isn't busy. It comes because of consistent effort even though life isn't perfect.
You also need to stop limiting yourself because of fear. Successful people step outside what is comfortable to make their dreams come true because, "There is no money in the comfort zone." Stepping out of the comfort zone can be scary. There isn't always a lot of support from friends and family for doing something different. But if you were to study all the successful people in world, you would find that in order to reach success Cool Base Derek Jeter Jersey
, they all had to stop limiting themselves and step out of the comfort zone. Success is not the attainment of the goal, it's the challenges you overcome to attain the goal.
8) Visualize your dream. At least once a day, think Low cost Coach Bags actually va.