Chudzinski was told of his firing shortly

Chudzinski was told of his firing shortly

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 12 wrz 2016, o 05:27

BALTIMORE -- Moments before he made history with his final swing in an incredible four-homer performance, Josh Hamilton stepped to the plate in the eighth inning with a surprising sense of calm. Antonio Gates Jersey . The Texas Rangers slugger had never before hit more than two home runs in a game, and he already had three. So as he took his place in the batters box against Baltimore right-hander Darren ODay, Hamilton already had a feeling of accomplishment. "I just went up like it was any other at-bat because if I dont hit one," Hamilton reasoned, "Ive still had a really good night." It turned out to be unforgettable. Hamilton became the 16th player to hit four home runs in a game, launching a quartet of two-run drives against three different pitchers to carry the Rangers to a 10-3 victory Tuesday. Hamilton homered off Jake Arrieta in the first and third innings, added another off Zach Phillips in the seventh and topped it off with a one-for-the-books shot against ODay. During the last at-bat, Hamilton took a mighty hack and missed, lined a foul into right-field seats and then sent an 0-2 pitch over the centre-field wall. "Obviously its, other than being in the World Series, the highlight of my big-league career," Hamilton said. "I was saying after I hit two Ive never hit three in a game before, and what a blessing that was. Then to hit four is just an awesome feeling, to see how excited my teammates got. "It reminds you of when youre in Little League and a little kid, and just the excitement and why we play the game. Things like that. You never know what can happen. It was just an absolute blessing." Hamilton also doubled in the fifth inning. His 18 total bases is a new single-game American League record, and his eight RBIs are a career high. "Amazing," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "Josh came out tonight, and he wasnt going to be denied." The last player to hit four home runs in a game was Carlos Delgado on Sept. 25, 2003, for Toronto against Tampa Bay. Two of the 16 players to hit four homers in a game did it before 1900. "History was witnessed tonight," Washington said. "Its like anything else -- you do something good or something incredible happens, it takes a little bit for it to sink in," Hamilton said. "I think when I get away from everybody and I have some time to myself, I think it might then." Hamilton is the sixth AL player to perform the feat. The last to hit four homers in a game against the Orioles was Rocky Colavito in 1959, at old Memorial Stadium. "Hes the best athlete in baseball," teammate Nelson Cruz said of Hamilton. "If anybody can do it, he can do it." Elvis Andrus got on base ahead of Hamilton in each instance, said, "He kept hitting bombs and bombs. It feels really good because I dont have to run that hard to score." Hamilton, who is in the final year of his contract and could become a free agent after this season, leads the AL with 14 homers and 36 RBIs, and his 5-for-5 effort raised his batting average to .406. He also set the Texas single-game club record with five extra-base hits, breaking the mark of four held by eight players. Hamilton has homered in five of his last six at-bats, counting his final trip to the plate Monday night. Hamiltons record-setting night is the latest accomplishment in a career that almost never was. He went from first round draft pick in 1999 by Tampa Bay to out of baseball all together because of drug and alcohol addiction. He recovered and returned to the majors in 2007 with Cincinnati, and was traded to the Texas, where he has become a star -- the AL MVP in 2010 -- while still battling his addiction. He had a relapse before this season, but is off to a torrid start. "Understanding that what Im doing and what Gods allowed me to do coming back from everything I went through and allowing me to play the game at the level I play it, its pretty amazing to think about," Hamilton said. Adrian Beltre also homered for the Rangers. Coming off a 14-3 win in the series opener, Texas has won two straight for the first time since April 24-25 and are 20-10, their best-ever record after 30 games. Dating back to last season, Texas has won seven in a row over Baltimore by a combined 70-18 score. Rangers starter Neftali Feliz (2-1) gave up one run on four hits and had a career-high eight strikeouts. Converted to starter after notching 72 saves over the previous two seasons, Feliz had a 2-0 lead to protect before throwing his first pitch and maintained the advantage -- just like when he was closer. The Orioles entered the series with the best record in the majors after a 5-1 trip through Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, but they have looked more like a team with 14 straight losing seasons in these two games against the two-time defending AL champions. Arrieta (2-3) allowed six runs and nine hits in 6 1-3 innings. He yielded a career-high three homers, matching the total he surrendered in his first six starts this season. His most notable flaw was his inability to keep Hamilton from hitting the ball out of the park. "It was the first time Ive ever seen anything like that. Very special hitter," Arrieta said on Hamilton. "He didnt miss tonight." J.J. Hardy and Nick Markakis hit consecutive solo homers for Baltimore in the eighth, long after the outcome had been decided. The Rangers jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first inning when Andrus drew a one-out walk and Hamilton hit Arrietas next pitch over the centre-field wall. It was more of the same in the third, and then some. After Andrus reached on a chopper off the plate, Hamilton lined an opposite-field drive into the left-field seats. Beltre followed with this sixth home run, the fourth time in 30 games that Texas has homered in successive at-bats. Andrus singled in the seventh before Hamilton sent a drive over the centre-field wall against Phillips, who was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk before the game. After that, the only suspense was whether Hamilton would get another at-bat. He did, and made it count. NOTES: Andrus has reached base in 26 straight games. He is 16 for 33 on the road trip. ... Despite Baltimores surprising start, the game drew a meagre crowd of 11,263. ... Baltimores Chris Davis singled in the eighth to snap an 0-for-14 skid. King Dunlap Chargers Jersey . -- The Phoenix Coyotes will go by a different name next season. Danny Woodhead Jersey . The Anaheim Ducks announced on Thursday that the centre agreed to a three-year contract extension. . Rangers manager Ron Washington decided to give his closer one more day of rest after a long week, and Matt Harrison had already done most of the heavy lifting to put Texas in position for another victory. BEREA, Ohio -- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam understands the situation looks bad, even embarrassing. He bungled his first NFL coaching hire and cant afford to make another mistake. Haslam vowed it will be different this time. It has to be. A day after firing Rob Chudzinski for failing to make the Browns better in just one season, Haslam explained his reasons on Monday for the shocking move when he was forced to answer some tough questions, including one from a fan who wondered if the "Three Stooges" were running his team. "We understand the importance of continuity," Haslam said. "But I think its really important to hear this: We also understand the importance of getting it right." The Browns dumped Chudzinski on Sunday night, just hours after a 20-7 loss in Pittsburgh and less than a year after he was brought in to turn around a team that cant seem to get out of its own way. Haslam and CEO Joe Banner cited an overall lack of progress in their decision to dismiss Chudzinski, who had the Browns at 4-5 before they lost their final seven games and finished 4-12 -- the clubs sixth straight season with at least 10 losses. Banner said the decision was finalized Saturday. "As unpopular and undesirable as it is to sit here and acknowledge we didnt get it right, the fact that were making a change makes a statement that were not going to accept not being successful," Banner said. Haslam knows there are skeptics wondering if this Browns regime has what it takes to transform a foundering franchise. Cleveland fans have spent years hearing broken promises and plans that go astray. Haslam, though, is committed to making good on his word to bring sustained success to the Browns. "There will be a lot of people who say we should have given this staff a second year, a second chance," Haslam said. "And in our estimation, it was best to go ahead and make the change and try to get it right so that we can move forward and candidly, and most importantly, give the fans here the kind of winner they deserve." Banner and Haslam have begun their search for Chudzinskis replacement. Banner said the team is still deciding whether to interview Browns defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton for the opening. Horton interviewed with the Browns last season before the job went to Chudzinski, a lifelong Browns fan who was caught off guard by his ouster. Banner said none of the other candidates interrviewed last year will be considered again. Jason Verrett Chargers Jersey. That would appear to rule out Penn State coach Bill OBrien and San Diego offensive co-ordinator Ken Whisenhunt. New England offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels could be the frontrunner to be Clevelands seventh full-time coach since 1999 because of his relationship with Browns general manager Michael Lombardi. The team requested permission to interview McDaniels as well as Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn and Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase. The Browns are also expected to interview Arizona defensive co-ordinator Todd Bowles, who previously worked as an assistant on Butch Davis staff in Cleveland. Haslam knows its imperative to stop the constant turnover. The Browns have changed coaches four times in six years. "We have to prove to you all well get the right guy," Haslam said. "Were confident we can do that. But until that individual comes in here and wins football games, talk is cheap. So actions speak loud." The Browns do have a more attractive situation to lure a prospective coach than they did a year ago. Cleveland had five Pro Bowl players this season, the team has two first-round picks in Mays draft and theres plenty of salary cap room to sign free agents. "This is the crucial off-season for the Cleveland Browns," Haslam said. "If we get that right, well have a lot of positive press conferences. We feel a lot of pressure to get this right for our players, our fans and the city of Cleveland." Chudzinski was told of his firing shortly after the team returned by bus from Pittsburgh. "I was shocked and disappointed to hear the news that I was fired," Chudzinski said in a statement released by the Browns. "I am a Cleveland Brown to the core, and always will be. ... While clearly I would have liked to see the long-term vision through to the end, I am very grateful to Jimmy Haslam and the Haslam family for letting me live my dream." Chudzinski has three years left on his contract worth a reported $10 million. He was emotional as he said goodbye to his players. "Its unfortunate," wide receiver Josh Gordon said. "I cant say whats fair, whats not fair. The NFL, its the business of the league. But I thought he would have more time than that. "I figured any coach in the NFL would get at least two years. I didnt even know that was possible." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy