an Diegos Will Venable pinch-hit in t

an Diegos Will Venable pinch-hit in t

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 13 wrz 2016, o 05:05

With the majority of NFL training camps underway, the league is abuzz with position battles, injury news and rookies making an immediate impact. Jacob McQuaide Rams Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NFL beat. Johnny the Sub? In an interview with ESPN Cleveland, Browns head coach Mike Pettine said the team has already discussed having quarterback Johnny Manziel run set package plays in order to get him on the field in his rookie year. "We ran some of the zone-read stuff in practice and Kyle (Shanahan) incorporated some of the mobile quarterback elements of what he did in Washington," Pettine said. Were still going to go back to the beginning in pads, but as we get going, some of the stuff thats more game plan-specific that we dont want to show, we might work on in our walk-throughs as opposed to a public practice." Pettine noted that the strategy has been successful for other quarterbacks, and therefore he wont rule out the possibility. "Ive seen that work, so Im not close-minded to that," Pettine added. "Thats how Colin Kaepernick got his start in the NFL, as a package quarterback. On the other side of the ball, Ive seen that give defenses some trouble. I think theres positives and negatives to it. Youre taking your starter off the field. You have his rhythm and continuity to take into account, but at the same time defensively youre now forcing a team to basically come up with two game plans. I mean, there are pluses and minuses to it and its something Im sure will be discussed at some point. Im willing to say that the starter will be against it and the backup will be for it." Pettine reiterated that the Browns starting quarterback will be named by the teams third preseason game on August 23, but said he has not decided whether both Manziel and quarterback Brian Hoyer will each start a preseason game before that. Hoyer will start the Browns first preseason game. Andres Arrival After requesting a trade this offseason and skipping several team workouts, Andre Johnson reported to training camp on Friday. Johnson has spent all 11 of his NFL seasons with the Texans after being selected by the third-overall in the 2003 NFL Draft. The 33-year-old hauled in 109 passes last season for 1,407 yards and five touchdowns. Johnson was reportedly unhappy the Texans refused to use the first-overall pick in Mays draft on a quarterback. The team used the pick on defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. Veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick is listed as the Texans starter under centre this season. Gronk Playing it Safe New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski practiced on Thursday with a brace on surgically repaired knee and a protective sleeve on his twice-broken right arm. Gronkowski underwent surgery to repair his torn ACL on January 9 and has yet to take place in any team drills at training camp. However, according to Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, Gronkowski was running, cutting and planting without reluctance on Thursday. He also spent time catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady after practice. In seven games with the Patriots in 2013, Gronkowski had 39 catches for 592 yards and four touchdowns. Tyler Higbee Rams Jersey .Charlie Coyles goal late in the third period stood up as the winner as the Wild snapped a two-game losing skid with a 2-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday, their ninth win in their last 10 visits to Edmonton. Greg Zuerlein Rams Jersey .S. captain Tom Watson went with experience and a gut feeling Tuesday night when he filled out his Ryder Cup team with Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Webb Simpson. http://www.laramsfansshop.com/c-24-rams-brian-quick-jersey.aspx . TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS AT DETROIT LIONS, 1:00 PM (ET) Tampa Bay - None Detroit - G Rodney Austin, WR Ryan Broyles, DT Nick Fairley, QB Kellen Moore, DT Caraun Reid, G Garrett Reynolds, DE Larry Webster NEW YORK JETS AT MINNESOTA VIKINGS, 1:00 PM (ET) NY Jets - TE Jace Amaro, G Dakota Dozier, OL Wesley Johnson, WR Walter Powell, QB Matt Simms, CB Josh Thomas, DL Muhammad Wilkerson Minnesota - LB Anthony Barr, DE Scott Crichton, FB Zach Line, CB Jabari Price, LB Brandon Watts, OT JMarcus Webb, G David Yankey ST.SAN DIEGO - Hiroki Kuroda certainly seemed comfortable with his decision to stay with the Los Angeles Dodgers rather than accept a trade. Kuroda pitched seven shutout innings and Matt Kemp had two hits and drove in the only run and the Dodgers beat Mat Latos and the San Diego Padres 1-0 Tuesday night. Kuroda (7-13) was the subject of trade rumours leading up to the July 31 deadline. But he informed the club that he would use his no-trade clause and block any deal to another team, preferring to finish the season with the Dodgers. In ending his four-game losing streak, Kuroda allowed four hits while striking out eight and walking two. It was his second strong outing in San Diego this season, as he also shut out the Padres in April. "After I made the decision, I still thought about if I made the right decision or not, but it really pays off when you get a win like this," Kuroda said through an interpreter. "Its great to get a win with this team." The Japanese right-handers teammates provided just enough run support. They also showed strong support when he chose to remain with the team and finish out the final year of his contract. "Given the situation with the team, I had some thoughts about leaving," Kuroda said. "I thought maybe it would be better for the team if I left, but when I saw my teammates reaction, they were really happy that I stayed, so I think I made the right decision." Kemp drove in his NL-leading 84th run as the Dodgers beat San Diego for a fifth consecutive time. The centre fielder also made a strong defensive play in the ninth, snaring a fly ball off the bat of Aaron Cunningham. "Its the same, hes been so good," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said of Kemp. "Hes just grinding away. Thats what we talked about, just keep grinding at-bats and at the end of the year, theres going to be a pile of numbers there. Just stay focused." Latos (5-11) went seven solid innings while yielding one run, and was pulled for a pinch-hitter in the seventh. Dee Gordon beat out a bunt single to lead off the fourth against Latos and advanced to third on two groundouts before Kemp drove a single to left. "I wanted to throw a fastball down in the lane and make (Kemp) hit it to the deepest part of the ballpark," Latos said. "I kind of got around it and it was up a little bit and found a hole. Maybe if I dont givee up a run its 0-0 and were still playing and with a chance to win the game. Quinton Coples Jersey. Gordon, recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque on Sunday, also singled and stole a base in the first. "Im just trying to get on base," Gordon said. "I know when I lead off, I want to try to see more pitches. I just try to get on and do what I can." Dodgers reliever Mike MacDougal allowed the tying run to reach third base in the eighth after giving up two singles, but recovered to retire the next two batters and preserve the lead. Javy Guerra converted his ninth save in as many chances with a perfect ninth. Latos gave up six hits while striking out six, including four of the first nine batters in the game, and did not issue a walk. "Ive been stringing my pitches together better and attacking hitters," Latos said. "Everything felt good." The shutout was the Dodgers 13th of the season. San Diego has been held scoreless 16 times this year, including nine times at Petco Park. The Padres have lost by 1-0 scores three times to the Dodgers this year. "It was a well-pitched game by both guys," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Kuroda was solid, Mat matched him. They snuck one across. We mounted a couple threats and couldnt get that hit to tie the game or take the lead." Blake Tekotte was the lone bright spot for the San Diego offence, getting three hits in his first game since being recalled from Double-A San Antonio. He also stole two bases. NOTES: Padres RHP Dustin Moseley will undergo season-ending surgery on his left shoulder on Wednesday. He was placed on the DL on July 26 after dislocating his non-throwing shoulder. ... San Diegos Will Venable pinch-hit in the seventh and remained in the game in left field after not playing since Friday due to back spasms. ... The Dodgers have not announced who will fill the fifth spot in their starting rotation after Rubby De La Rosa went on the DL on Monday and will undergo season-ending elbow surgery. ... Dodgers OF Andre Ethier did not play in the game strictly as a day off, Mattingly said. ... Tim Stauffer starts for the Padres on Wednesday night to attempt to salvage a sweep by the Dodgers. Stauffer has faced LA twice this season, going 0-1 with a 2.84 ERA. Ted Lilly opposes Stauffer for the Dodgers, bringing an 8-3 record and 2.93 ERA versus San Diego. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Rozwój mowy