Hall is a terrific wrestler, but it h

Hall is a terrific wrestler, but it h

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 14 wrz 2016, o 08:07

INDIANAPOLIS -- Danny Granger couldnt shoot straight for most of the night, yet the smile across his face as he iced his knees in the locker room after the game spoke volumes. Patrick Kerney Jersey . In the past, as Grangers shot went, so went Indiana. He shot poorly on Monday night, but the Pacers still defeated the Detroit Pistons 91-79 in the season opener for both teams at the renamed Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Granger finished with 16 points on 6-for-18 shooting, but three Pacers had double-doubles, giving him a level of support that has been absent over the years. Roy Hibbert had 16 points and 14 rebounds, Tyler Hansbrough had 15 points and 13 rebounds and David West had 11 points and 12 rebounds. Add a defence that held Detroit to 36 per cent shooting, and Granger could finally be at peace on an off night. "We definitely could not have done that last year," he said. "We have the ability to crash the boards. I think our big guys did an excellent job of dominating the glass, on the offensive end also. We didnt give up too many offensive rebounds. When they can dominate the glass like that, its going to be hard to beat us." It was ironic that this season of high hopes started with a win against the Pistons. After all, it was an altercation with the Pistons and their fans in 2004 that ultimately forced the Pacers to rebuild. Indianas fans havent forgotten. As players were introduced, Ben Wallace, a central figure in that brawl, was booed loudly. The fans who saw a championship-calibre team dismantled after a flurry of off-the-court problems finally have returned, and a packed house saw the fruits of team president Larry Birds rebuilding effort on display. West, the teams big-name free-agent pickup, was active and affected the game, even though he struggled to finish down low. Guard George Hill, the hometown hero acquired in a draft-night trade with San Antonio, provided a spark off the bench and created a buzz whenever his name was announced. Pacers coach Frank Vogel won his first game without an interim tag, and the team did it his way -- with smashmouth basketball. Indiana outrebounded the Pistons 53-40. "We still took a few too many bad shots, which Im not too happy with," he said. "But we were attacking the basket, we were getting to the free throw line and were making the extra pass, and thats the style of play that were going to have. and its going to win for us." The Pacers shot just 37 per cent from the field, but got away with it in part because they had 18 offensive rebounds and 14 second-chance points. Detroit couldnt get its offence going to take advantage of Indianas poor shooting. "We just have to play a whole lot more together game," Detroit coach Lawrence Frank said after his debut as Pistons coach. "More ball movement, more working to get rhythm shots. It just shows you where were at right now. Weve got a lot of work to do." Jonas Jerebko and Rodney Stuckey each scored 17 points for the Pistons, who never led. "Now we know what weve got to do," Stuckey said. "Weve got to stop complaining, weve got to rebound the basketball, weve got to play harder. Thats it." Indiana led big early, but Detroit made a push in the second quarter before back-to-back 3s by George and Darren Collison increased Indianas lead to 47-34. The Pacers led 52-38 at halftime and kept rolling at the start of the second half. Collison hit a baseline jumper off an offensive board by West, then followed it with a 3-pointer to push Indianas lead to 59-42. Hibbert dunked and was fouled after a nifty inside feed from Granger. His free throw pushed Indianas lead to 62-42 four minutes into the second half and forced a timeout by the Pistons. Detroit played a bit better right out of the timeout, but a bucket by Hansbrough and a fast break layup by Dahntay Jones pushed the lead back to 20 and forced another Detroit timeout with 4:42 left in the third. This timeout didnt work so well for the Pistons. Jones hit a long baseline jumper, then George Hills steal and dunk pushed Indianas lead to 74-50. The Pacers led 76-58 at the end of the third quarter. A 3-pointer by Granger pushed the lead to 85-61 with 7 minutes left in the game. Pacers fans gave the team a standing ovation in the final minute. Frank was impressed with the Pacers, but he didnt get carried away. "Its one game," he said. "Whats the big boulevard down here? I dont know if theres going to be a parade this year. Theyre a good team, its one game, they outplayed us tonight." Notes: Pacers C Jeff Foster sat out with a back injury he tweaked during the preseason. ... Pistons C Ben Wallace was loudly booed during pregame introductions. Wallace played a key role in the brawl in 2004 that eventually forced the Pacers to rebuild. ... Indiana F Jeff Pendergraph missed the game with a sprained right knee. ... Indiana outscored Detroit 16-4 from the free-throw line in the first half. ... Hill had four points and four assists in his regular-season debut for Indiana. Cortez Kennedy Jersey . -- Chris Bosh made his case: He wanted to go for the win. Thomas Rawls Jersey . - San Diego Padres centre fielder Cameron Maybin is going to be out two to three months after rupturing his left biceps tendon during a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. http://www.thenflseahawksfanatic.com/c-26-seahawks-russell-wilson-jersey.aspx . LOUIS -- Billy Hamilton had three hits and his first two steals, and scored easily after tagging up on a shallow outfield pop fly to support a strong outing from Mike Leake in the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 victory over the St.UFC 175 will play a very big role in Chris Weidmans career. It will either be the night he proves it wasnt just luck that got him the belt or it will cement the fact that he isnt worthy of being among the great champions. Either way you look at it, two belts are on the line Saturday night, and the card has a few interesting fights for fans. This is how Gabby McAlpine and Jordan Cieciwa see the night playing out. Follow Gabby @WebSodaGirl and cheer for #TeamGabzilla, or you can back #TeamJC and my picks @FitCityJordan Chris Weidman (11-0-0) vs. Lyoto Machida (21-4-0) JC: Thankfully Machida is not known for his leg kicks. I never want to see video like Anderson Silva breaking his shin again, thank you very much. This is the night that Weidman proves himself. However, I think Machida will play the spoiler. Weidman has the advantage in wrestling, but look what Machida did to the last wrestler he met. He destroyed Munoz, and thats no easy task. I think we are looking at a Machida who wants to get back to his winning ways. Its going to start here with Weidman. Look for a very decisive win for the contender. Hell get his timing, and a third round KO. Gabzilla: Chris Weidman will get this; I have sat with Chris and have had the fortunate opportunity to really chat with him. People say his last two fights were flukes. The knock out and the broken leg... I dont think so. We are in the new age of a champion. I believe in him and nothing can stop him now. Ronda Rousey (9-0-0) vs. Alexis Davis (16-5-0) JC: Here is the problem with this fight. Rousey is just simply outstanding. No one in her division has got to the point where they are just purely dominant. She does not have an equal yet. That is just part of the evolution of womens MMA. Someone will put the time in, and have the killer instinct, I dont think its Davis, not yet anyway. Rousey made it clear last fight that she answered the critics by improving her striking, leaving her game without any holes. She is just tooo dominant right now to let Davis take the belt. Bobby Wagner Seahawks Jersey. It will be a good fight, Davis is skilled. She just wont get the win. This is probably going to be another first round arm bar. Gabzilla: I dont think any woman in the division has a chance against Rousey. Lover her or hate her, she is here to stay Stefan Struve (25-6-0) vs. Matt Mitrione (7-3-0) JC: I am very excited to see Struve back in the cage, and really think the Martine fight is the only match up that makes sense. Martine is skilled and building a solid career in MMA. He knocks people out, and makes fights exciting. However, Martine is susceptible to the submission game. Those long legs of Struve and the fact that hes a smart fighter, I see this heading to the mat. Very similar to the win against Pat Barry, I see this being a solid triangle choke win for the Dutch Giant. Gabzilla: I think Matt will take this one. Struve is a giant... He has amazing reach and has won by sub. But I dont think he will be able to manage the power of Martine. Think Matt takes the win by KO Uriah Hall vs. Thiago Santos JC: Uriah Hall just doesnt seem to be there for the big show. If he hasnt gone back to his gym and really turned it up for this fight, I cant see him getting past Thiago Santos. Hall is a terrific wrestler, but it hasnt translated yet to the UFC cage. My fear for Hall is that he looks flat again, loses to Santos, and finds himself out of a job with the UFC. Im sure being 1-2 in his last three fights has done everything but impress the brass at the UFC. Time will tell, and Thiago Santos is the perfect test to see if Hall belongs in the UFC or not. He is fighting for his job, so he may bring that next level wrestling. I see this ending in a decision with Santos being the victor. Gabzilla: Hall won his last fight against Lebed but who hasnt beaten Chris... Halls start in the UFC after TUF has not been good. He has not lived up to the hype Thiago Santos is hungry and will win over hall. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy