sibility. "I think the 20th anniversary and All-Star game an

sibility. "I think the 20th anniversary and All-Star game an

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 16 wrz 2016, o 14:46

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Eric Rowe Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Upon watching Datsyuk`s goal against Dallas the other night, I could not help thinking what the referee who was watching his incredible deke was thinking. This also made me remember Mike Cammalleris referee high-five. Have you encountered any goal celebrations where the player used you as a prop? How about ones where you just couldnt help but laugh? Also, were you ever just in awe of a goal that was scored on the ice? All The Best, Eric G.Montreal Eric, During my 30 year NHL Officiating career, there was countless times when my jaw dropped in awe as I watched the sheer magic performed by some of the games greatest stars. I had the best seat in the house every night while following the play from a safe distance a mere 15 feet away. When the stars shone, I was able to maintain my focus and duties as a referee but my love of the game and true appreciation of their unique talents often caused me to become the biggest fan in the building. In the early days of my career, Wayne Gretzky and then Mario Lemieux provided highlight reel moves and goals on a nightly basis. There was never a game I worked involving these superstars that they failed to do something really special. The two of them had amazing vision of the ice like no other players I encountered. They were truly the best of the best during their time on the ice. The precision with which their no-look passes and shots found the intended target through sticks, skates and bodies was uncanny. The Great One was always four to five moves ahead of the game and the albatross-like reach and grace with which Super Mario swooped around opposing players and goalkeepers was mesmerizing. I remember my jaw dropping as Mario scored on a breakaway in the 1990 All-Star game which I worked and then again in the Stanley Cup Final against the Minnesota North Stars that same year. Kent Nilsson was the guy they called “Magic” for his soft hands and the tricks he could perform through his exceptional puckhandling skills. Mike Bossy always knew where the net was and his accurate shot penetrated the smallest opening imaginable, often while carrying a defender on his back or while wheeling around with his back to the goal and falling to the ice. Alex Kovalev had the hands of a surgeon. While playing s a member of the Montreal Canadiens, he scored a highlight reel goal against the Florida Panthers in my last game in Sunrise. I approached Alex immediately afterward and told him if I ever required open-heart surgery, I wanted the knife placed in his hands. It was a little unnerving when Kovi responded, “Some nights maybe not!” I was amazed by the leadership demonstrated by New York Rangers captain Mark Messier in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final against the New Jersey Devils. Mess promised a victory that afternoon but with the Rangers down 2-1 at the end of the second period and about to start the third killing a penalty I had assessed to Esa Tikkanen for kneeing Stephane Richer, I made a bold prediction of my own. In the our dressing room, I told linesmen Pat Dapuzzo and Gerard Gauthier they could stick a fork in the Rangers because they were done, out of gas and unable to solve Devils goalie Martin Brodeur! Messier then proceeded to take the game upon his back, making good on his called shot by scoring his first hat trick as a Ranger (a natural one at that) to force Game 7 two nights later. The feat has been described as one the greatest individual efforts in the history of the game. The modern game is blessed to have so many young players like never before with soft hands and exception skills that bring us out of our seats. While I was never “high-fived” the way Erik Cole celebrated with referee Greg Kimmerly, I want to share a couple of unusual moments I encountered on the ice with two, shall I say, less gifted scorers. Steve McKenna played eight seasons in the NHL from 1996 to 2004 with four different teams (LA, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and NY Rangers). In 373 NHL games, the 68”—255 pound left winger scored a total of just 18 goals, all of which Im sure were cause for an outburst of celebration. The big guy wasnt there to put the puck in the net and picked up a total 824 penalty minutes during those seasons, most of which were for fighting. Steve was really a funny guy and kept what little hair he had cut close to the wood. We got along really well together on the ice. One game in the Igloo in Pittsburgh, McKenna was in the middle of a scrum and before he got rolling, I grabbed the giant by the sweater to get his attention. I only stood as tall as McKennas belly button but I told him if he didnt break it up, I was going to “kick the %^&* out of him myself!” That immediately got the Penguins tough guys attention. Steve got a big grin on his face and, looking downward lightly, speed-bagged my chin with his two fists as he rolled his tongue with a “bdllllllllllt” sound. McKenna then picked up his gloves and skated to his players bench! The altercation was over before it even got started as my chin was used a prop. The most bizarre goal scoring celebration ritual I ever saw occurred from John Flesch, who, like Steve McKenna, shaved his head to the wood. For his own personal safety, given Fleschs unorthodox method of celebration, he is probably fortunate to have scored just 18 goals in 124 NHL games during parts of four seasons with Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Colorado. Whenever Flesch dented the twine and the red light flashed, the big guy would charge full speed and launch into the glass with his bald head. I also saw Flesch crank himself in the head with his hockey stick in celebration of scoring a goal while playing in the Minnesota North Star organization with the New Haven Knighthawks of the AHL. Being just an 18-goal scorer was a gift to the mans health! Stefen Wisniewski Eagles Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Rueben Randle Eagles Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. ... es-jersey/ . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team.TORONTO - With all eyes in the basketball universe focused on the Raptors in 2016, Canadas team is positioned to look a whole lot different. With the exception of their occasionally contested team name, the Raptors are slated for a full brand makeover by the time NBA All-Star weekend rolls into town in February of 2016. Alongside Drake - Grammy award-winning artist and the teams new global ambassador - and an eclectic panel which included NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver and Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, Tim Leiweke revealed an initiative to utilize the Toronto-born rap star in redesigning the Raptors image. "We are now going to submit to the league a new application for new branding and a new image and new colours, not a new name, but new branding," MLSEs chief executive announced at Monday mornings news conference. "Drake will be an ambassador and help us forge this new vision, this new buzz, this new excitement for where were taking this organization." This process has already begun according to Leiweke, who will work with MLSE, in conjunction with the NBA to complete these changes prior to the 2015-16 campaign, a monumental season for the franchise. Not only will Toronto welcome the NBAs annual showcase that year, it will also mark the organizations 20th anniversary season. "This is a team and this is a sport thats going to rock this city going forward," Leiweke said. "The NBA All-Star game gives us two years now to do some extraordinary things as we head to our 20th anniversary and create one of the greatest basketball opportunities, moments and franchises for the NBA." Leiweke has enlisted the help of Torontos most prominent entertainer. Drake will lend a hand in remaking the Raptors brand in addition to unofficially hosting events throughout All-Star week, but his role with the club could be even greater. "Weve only had initial meetings thus far," said Drake, who will have a permanent office right next to Leiwekes at MLSE headquarters. "I want to be as involved as possible. Obviously I have a busy schedule coming up, I just released an album, but anything they need me for I want to be here for, anything that can help the Raptors grow in the future." "Obviously I wont be able to be in the building everyday but Im extremely dedicated to it," the 26-year-old rap icon continued. "I do take it very seriously as a new job and as a new chapter iin my life so its not just something for the sake of all the cameras. E.J. Biggers Eagles Jersey. . Im extremely dedicated to this franchise." Per Leiweke, Drake will be heavily involved in the design of the Torontos new logo and image, while suggestions from fans will also be incorporated. As for the team name itself, despite earlier speculation that it could be changed - and the best efforts of Leiweke - it will remain as is. "I would have changed the name," Leiweke admitted. "We took a vote and I lost." "Theres a lot of people that are smart in this organization, that have been here a while and they made a compelling case where the issue is not the name. So were going to go with them on that one and Im 100 per cent supportive." New general manager Masai Ujiri made a strong argument for keeping the name and focusing on something far more important, something that will be crucial for this team as they prepare to host the leagues marquee midseason event in 2016. "Anything you do, for me, is all based on winning," Ujiri maintained. "You can have the best name, worst name, you can have any colours you want if you have the right basketball players and thats our responsibility." "This is all great and this is beautiful for the city," he continued, "but at the end of the day my responsibility and my teams responsibility is to put that basketball team on the floor thats going to go out and try and win out there." Neither Leiweke nor Ujiri could, or cared to dodge the pressure that comes with hosting the worlds best players for the most star-studded event that professional basketball has to offer. With great opportunity comes great responsibility. "I think the 20th anniversary and All-Star game and the rebranding are all great," Leiweke cautioned, "but if we dont win and take advantage of the moment of truth, theyll all be wasted." That leaves the organization 28 months to right the ship. Entering their 19th season, the Raptors have missed the playoffs in each of the last five years. Theyve won just one playoff series, they havent had an all-star since Chris Bosh in 2010 and they have failed, time and time again to reestablish themselves as a relevant NBA entity following the departure of Vince Carter over eight years ago. The challenge is simple in concept; win, but slightly more convoluted in execution. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy