eep more, and Martin says Nedohins

eep more, and Martin says Nedohins

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 19 wrz 2016, o 10:29

BASEL, Switzerland -- Canadas Vasek Pospisil reached his third quarterfinal of the season as he knocked out big-serving Croat Ivo Karlovic 6-3, 6-4 Thursday at the Swiss Indoors tennis tournament. Nick Foles Eagles Jersey . Pospisil, whose season-ending goal is to improve his ATP Tour ranking enough to qualify for one of the 32 seedings at Januarys Australian Open, dominated Karlovic in 59 minutes. The world No. 40 never faced a break point and limited the big mans threatening ace count to a mere eight, while striking five key aces of his own. "I played really well today and did a lot of things well," Pospisil said. "Im thrilled and very excited over how it went. "My goal going in was obviously to focus on her serve and try to handle it. I was really concentrating even more on the things I could control. It was inevitable that he was going to serve aces, I just had to deal with them." Pospisil, from Vancouver, will next face another Croat, Ivan Dodig, who beat former finalist Kei Nishikori in the second round. Pospisil remains the lone Canadian in the field after Milos Raonic withdrew for personal reasons and Daniel Nestor lost alongside Pospisil in the doubles first round. Pospisil brought his best came to court from the start against Karlovic, breaking the Croat for 4-2 in the first set and taking it in 28 minutes with a second-serve ace on the first of three set points, The second set went much the same way as Pospisil broke in the seventh game for a 4-3 margin, then converted on a match point three games later. "I served very well," Pospisil said. "Ive been working on a lot of things with my new coach (Frederic Fontang) and the hard work is paying off." Karlovic had beaten Pospisil earlier this year at the post-Wimbledon Newport grass tournament. Vaseks breakout performance this year was reaching the semifinal of the Rogers Cup in Montreal, where he lost to Raonic. Since then, Pospisil had not advanced past the second round in his last six tournaments until Basel. Jason Kelce Eagles Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Sam Bradford Eagles Jersey . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. ... es-Jersey/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night.Former Randy Ferbey team member Dave Nedohin has joined Edmonton skip Kevin Martin and given his bid at winning the Olympic curling trials new life. "It puts us as one of the top teams again instantly," Martin said from Edmonton on Wednesday after the pair made their announcement. "This is an exciting time for team Martin." Nedohin replaces John Morris, who surprised many when he departed the Martin foursome late last month after seven years. Morris then announced he was joining B.C. skip Jim Cotters team. "Obviously in this situation, once the change in our team was inevitable, Dave was obviously our first choice for so many reasons," said Martin. His shot-making ability was at the top of the list. Nedohin joined Ferbey in 1997 and throwing final rocks helped win four Briers and three world championships. But he wasnt an easy catch. After a year skipping his own rink following Ferbeys retirement, Nedohin suggested last month he was going to step back while wife Heather focused on her own Olympic trials bid. Then came Morriss announcement, but initially Nedohin said he declined Martins offer to return to the game. Then his parents offered to help out with the child ccare while both he and Heather try to qualify for the Olympics. Philadelphia Eagles Authentic Jerseys. The Roar of the Rings, where the berth will be decided, will be held in Winnipeg (Nedohins home town, and Morriss coincidentally) in December. The location was another bonus for Nedohin. There is always a period of acclimatization when curlers join new rinks, but Martin says after so many years watching each other, even curling together in the odd celebrity event, Martin sees it being relatively short with Nedohin. "I bet weve played 100 times if not more than 100 times," he said. "Theres not going to be too much of a learning curve, thats for sure." Martin also downplayed the changes which have raised some eyebrows in the curling world, if only for their timing with the trials ahead. "Teams just cant stay the same forever, sports just dont work that way." Martin laughed when asked if he would surrender skip rocks. Nedohin will be throwing third stones, something he hasnt done a lot of in competitive curling since 1997. But he says hes looking forward to it, plus the chance to sweep more, and Martin says Nedohins sweeping ability is just one more reason why hes such a good fit. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy