. However as he progresses, it is likely he will rej

. However as he progresses, it is likely he will rej

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 27 wrz 2016, o 06:40

LOUISVILLE, Ky. Brad Marchand Jersey Canada . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. 6 Louisvilles victory over Western Kentucky was his teammates assistance in overcoming the absence of starting point guard Chris Jones. Just as important was the timing of those contributions that put away the Hilltoppers. Smith had 14 points and 10 assists and Louisville shot 69 per cent from the field in the second half to pull away to a 79-63 victory on Saturday. With Jones sidelined at least a game with a sprained right wrist, the Cardinals (9-1) got numerous backcourt contributions to beat their in-state rival for the fifth straight time. Smith, Louisvilles leading scorer who has tried to involve teammates more this season, set the tone in both areas with five assists and nine points in the second half to finish with his second double-double in three games. Louisvilles bench outscored WKUs 33-20. "My job is just to perform on a daily basis and get my teammates involved," Smith said. "If shots arent falling, I have to find my teammates, play some great defence and help Louisville win some games." Freshman Terry Rozier grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds starting in Jones place while little-used senior reserve Tim Henderson -- whose consecutive 3-pointers helped Louisville rally past Wichita State in last springs national semifinal -- added career highs of 12 points on four 3-pointers and four assists in 22 minutes. "Im kind of used to that role, Ive had it for four years now," the walk-on said. "We have such a great group of people, a great group of guards who can all play well. "Its whatever Coach (Rick Pitino) feels like is going to work that game and how you match up with them. I guess he felt like I matched up well with this team and with Chris out." Their efforts helped Louisville pad a 31-28 halftime lead as the Cardinals made 13 of their first 21 attempts from the field after the break to build a 63-44 lead with 6:02 left. They shot 18 of 26 in the second half. Louisville held the Hilltoppers (5-4) scoreless for nearly 6 minutes. Mangok Mathiang added a career-high 13 points and Chane Behanan had 11 points and seven rebounds for Louisville, which shot 30 of 59 overall (51 per cent) after hitting just 36 per cent in the first half. Wayne Blackshear added 12 points while senior forward Stephan Van Treese had five points with four rebounds, providing a presence for the Cardinals with Mathiang hampered by three fouls. Pitino praised Smith, his senior tri-captain, for being the catalyst. "Until you knock the young man off of his throne, hes the premier player in college basketball," Pitino said. "(Its a) biased opinion by me, but I think he is because he has made every change. "Two years ago, I needed him to carry the team on his back, he did. Now, I need him to pass the basketball and take good shots, he does." T.J. Prices 22 points led WKU, which shot just 36 per cent and was outscored 36-14 inside. Brandon Harris, coming off a career-high 30-point game at Southern Illinois, finished with four points. Louisville improved to 38-39 all-time against WKU in a series that both coaches want to continue even though its programs are headed to new leagues next season. The Cardinals will leave the American Athletic Conference to join the Atlantic Coast Conference while the Hilltoppers will move from the Sun Belt to Conference USA. The Cardinals collective effort beat back a Western Kentucky team that came in a little deeper after transfers Trency Jackson and Chris Harrison-Docks became eligible on Friday. WKU coach Ray Harper promised to play both extensively and even started Jackson at guard in a strong lineup featuring leading scorer Price (15.6 points) and George Fant (13.9). Harrison-Docks finished with 10 points and Jackson had six. Star players were mostly secondary in a tight first half featuring four ties and eight lead changes before Louisville rallied twice from four-point deficits for its narrow edge at the break. Blackshear scored the Cardinals final eight points of the half including consecutive 3-pointers. Louisville opened the second half with a 14-5 run for a 45-33 lead that eventually reached 21. "I thought the first half we did good job of keeping the pace a little slower," Harper said. "Second half, I thought they dictated pace, got out and got some easy baskets." John Gibson Jersey North America . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Colton Parayko Jersey North America . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.officialhockeyproshop.com/Te ... on-Jersey/ . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL.Montreal Canadiens captain Brian Gionta is one step closer to being ready for the season opener against the Toronto Maple Leafs on October 1 at the Bell Centre. For a second straight day, Gionta took part in practice without his non-contact jersey. Gionta, who underwent surgery on a torn bicep back in May, wont be playing in any pre-season games this weekend but is hopeful to be ready to play by next week. "My preference would be to get in more than one pre-season game but well have to see how it goes next week," Gionta told the media on Thursday. The Canadiens are taking their time with their captain, who has been practicing on a line with Michael Bournival and Martin St. Pierre. However as he progresses, it is likely he will rejoin the line with Rene Bourque and Tomas Plekanec. There was also some good news for Gionta off the ice as the Canadiens announced that he is this years recipient of the Jean Beliveau Trophy, awarded to the player that shows a strong charitable commitment to the community. On top of participating in many fundraising events, Gionta and his wife Haarvest started an initiative to allow sick and underprivileged children the opportunity to attend Canadiens home games in a private suite donated by the Gionta family. Carey Price Jersey Canada. At the end of this season, Giontas financial support to the community will have reached an amount over $250,000. "It has been something that has been close to our hearts for a while now and we are lucky and fortunate to be able to give back to people in need," Gionta said after practice. In other news from training camp, it wasnt a good day to be a defenceman for the Canadiens. Francis Bouillon and Douglas Murray are both day-to-day with lower body injuries. Michel Therrien referred to them as "training camp"-type injuries. "It is more of a precaution. If it was the regular season, they wouldnt be out," Therrien said at his news conference. A more seriously injured defenceman is Davis Drewiske, who hurt his shoulder in practice on Wednesday and will be out for the next four weeks. The Canadiens recalled Darren Dietz late Wednesday to replace Drewiske. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic

Wróć do Rozwój mowy