teams getting quality scoring chances but were unab

teams getting quality scoring chances but were unab

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 4 paź 2016, o 13:55

(Sports Network) - Matt Moore eyes his sixth win of the season on Wednesday when the Tampa Bay Rays continue their four-game set with the Toronto Blue Jays at Tropicana Field. Onitsuka Tiger Mid Runner . Moore won his first five starts and allowed just four runs in doing so, but did not get a decision on Friday and had his worst outing of the season. The Colorado Rockies reached the 23-year-old lefty for four runs and seven hits in just five innings of the Rays 7-4 win. Moore also walked four batters and saw his ERA rise to 1.95. "I put myself in a situation where I really had to grind and battle to get out of there when I never should have -- I cant walk the pitcher when hes trying to give me an out," Moore said. Moore has faced the Blue Jays four times and is 1-1 against them with a 3.26 ERA. Toronto, meanwhile, will hand the ball to lefty Ricky Romero, who fell apart in the fourth inning in his first start on Friday against Seattle. Romero cruised through the first three innings in that one, but gave up three runs, hit a batter, walked three more and threw a wild pitch. He would not return for a fifth frame. "I felt like the guy Ive been working on this past month in Florida. I felt good, had some good stuff. Had a lot of live movement on the fastball," Romero said. "That fourth inning just got away from me a little bit." Romero, of course, was an All-Star for the Jays in 2011, but last year lost 14 games and did not break camp with the big league club this spring, as the team opted for him to work on his mechanics with Class A Dunedin. "I thought he was great. I really did," manager John Gibbons said. "He ran into some trouble there in the last inning, with some walks and he hit the guy, but overall I think he should feel good about that [outing]. Its something to build off of, because the beginning of the game I thought he was dynamite." Toronto has won the first two games of this set, but after Tuesdays 6-4 triumph nobody seemed all that excited that the Jays would not be losing an 18th consecutive series in St. Petersburg. Instead all thoughts were with Toronto left-hander J.A. Happ, who was taken off the field by stretcher after taking a line drive from Desmond Jennings off the side of his head. He remained conscious and was brought straight to the hospital. "Unfortunately, thats part of the game," said Toronto reliever Brad Lincoln, who took over for Happ on the mound. "Stuff happens like that. Thoughts and prayers go out to him, but youve still got to go out there and compete and play the game." Forced to dig into its bullpen early, four Toronto relievers combined for 7 2/3 scoreless innings, with Steve Delabar (3-1) tossing two innings of one-hit ball. Casey Janssen worked a perfect ninth to notch his ninth save. Colby Rasmus hit a two-run homer, Adam Lind went 2-for-4 with a solo shot and two runs scored, while Jose Bautista and Melky Cabrera each plated a run to help Toronto earn back-to-back victories at Tropicana Field for the first time in almost five years. Joel Peralta (0-2) was tagged with the loss for the Rays, who blew a seven-run lead in an 8-7 loss to the Jays on Monday. The Tampa Bay bullpen spoiled a solid start from Roberto Hernandez, who tossed six innings of one-run ball and struck out seven. "Its a bad stretch for almost everyone in the bullpen right now," Peralta said. "Were probably trying too hard. And sometimes the harder you try, the worse it goes." Tampa dominated its season series with the Jays a year ago, taking 14 of the 18 matchups. Cheap Asics Tigers Online . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Gel Lyte iii Mint Sole . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. ... ralia.html . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- After struggling to score any goals for four games, the San Jose Sharks had plenty of moves left for a shootout. Joe Thornton capped San Joses perfect shootout with a nifty toe-drag past Corey Crawford that helped the Sharks snap a three-game losing streak with a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night. "What a move," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said. "Really nice to watch. That must have been in his bag for a long time because Ive been here for six years and I hadnt seen that. Its nice that it came out." Joe Pavelski scored a short-handed goal in regulation and opened the shootout with a goal, and Patrick Marleau also scored in the tiebreaker for the Sharks, who have won six straight shootouts. Antti Niemi made 29 saves and stopped Patrick Sharp in the second round of the shootout. After Pavelski and Marleau scored in the first two rounds of the shootout, Thornton ended it when he dragged the puck around Crawford and knocked it in the empty net. Thornton has scored on all three shootout attempts this season after not even attempting one the previous three seasons. "I was just lucky enough that it went in," Thornton said. "Usually he likes putting me fourth but with so many guys out, I got moved up a slot, which is nice on the ego." "Not making a save in the shootout was the only thing that bothered me," Crawford said. "We played well and we had our chances to win, a couple of chances late. Our guys were doing a great job of not allowing many second chances." The teams traded goals early in the third during a Chicago power play with Brad Stuart off for hooking Patrick Kane. Pavelski got the scoring started with a short-handed goal after a bad breakout pass from Sharp. Scott Hannan quickly sent the puck back to Pavelski, who knocked the pass down, skated past Duncan Keith and beat Crawford high for his 29th goal. "We get a little tip on it and it turns into a fluttering puck," Pavelski said. "Next tthing you know, you see it laying there, and if you can win the race, youve got a chance. Asics Gel Lyte Sale. I was able to get just enough of an opening to make a shot." Just over a minute later, Saad answered late in the power play after Justin Braun failed to clear the puck from the defensive zone. Kris Versteeg fed Saad, who beat Niemi for his 18th goal. That was Chicagos third power-play goal in two games after having just one the previous seven. Crawford kept the game tied when he made a pad save at the goal line on a one-timer by Stuart, and the Blackhawks killed a late penalty to force overtime. San Jose is 0-for-16 on the power play the past six games. The game was scoreless after two periods despite both teams getting quality scoring chances but were unable to get past either Niemi or Crawford. Kane hit a post early in the first period for Chicago, and Dan Boyle got robbed by the crossbar later in the first for San Jose. Niemi made a strong pad save to rob Ben Smith in the first period and withstood a couple of frantic flurries near his net in the second. Niemi also was helped when Marian Hossa missed the net off a nice setup by Saad during a power play late in the second period. The Sharks put 22 shots on net against Crawford in the first two periods, generating heavy pressure during a second period power play for too many men on the ice. But Crawford was up to the task. San Jose was attacking at the end of the second, and Marleau had a prime chance when he batted a puck from midair in the slot toward the net in the closing seconds. "It was a playoff type atmosphere," Versteeg said. "Time and space were virtually non-existent and thats when you need to play smart." NOTES: Jason Demers, who leads San Jose defenceman with 24 points, was scratched with a lower-body injury. ... Chicago F Michal Handzus returned to San Jose for the first time since being dealt to the Blackhawks last March. ... The Sharks reassigned F John McCarthy to Worcester of the AHL after he cleared waivers. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy