it. When y

it. When y

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 19 paź 2016, o 11:44

SAN DIEGO -- The San Francisco Giants know time is running short on defending their World Series title. Vladimir Konstantinov Red Wings Jersey . Aaron Harang threw seven strong innings and Cameron Maybin had two hits and an RBI as the San Diego Padres dealt a big blow to the Giants fading playoff hopes with a 3-1 victory Wednesday night. The Giants, who have 19 games left, trail NL West-leading Arizona by seven games after the Diamondbacks beat the Rockies 5-3 on Wednesday night. San Francisco has dropped three of four and six of 10. "We have to win," Giants starting pitcher Matt Cain said. "Thats all we have to do, is win." San Francisco was going for a sweep of the three-game series against a club it had beaten six of the previous seven games at Petco Park. But Cain, who is 8-19 lifetime against the Padres, had little to show for allowing two runs and four hits in seven innings. After he allowed Will Venables leadoff homer in the first, he settled down and retired 11 consecutive batters before he issued two walks. Cain didnt allow another hit until Maybins two-out double in the sixth. "He did a great job," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He gave up the leadoff homer and then he dealt. He keeps grinding out there for us." Cain (11-10) struck out seven and walked three as he made his 200th career start. San Francisco rookie Brett Pill homered for a second straight game after he hit a home run Tuesday night in his first major league at-bat. "Its kind of frustrating when we cant really do anything for Matt," Pill said. Venable scored twice, while Maybin doubled and tripled in a run in the ninth. The Padres got clutch defensive plays by Venable and Maybin. The first was by Maybin, who made a long running catch while crashing into the wall in left-centre field to rob Justin Christian leading off the game. Maybin hit his forehead on the padded wall and was on the ground for about a minute before he got up and stayed in the game. "I kind of face-planted dead square," Maybin said. "Luckily, I was able to make a play and keep the early momentum because those guys take advantage." Venable threw out Pill at home in the seventh when the rookie tried to score on a medium fly ball to right by pinch-hitter Pat Burrell. "Its one of those things that you have to go for it," Bochy said. "It took a perfect throw. Those are the things you look back on and they hurt." Said Harang: "The guys made some good plays from the first hitter of the game that kind of set the tone. It showed the intensity and excitement level that was going to happen." San Diego, last in the NL West at 62-81, won for the second time in 13 games overall. "Thats the kind of intensity we have to bring day in and day out, no matter where we are in the standings," Maybin said. Harang (13-5) broke a two-start losing streak by allowing one run and four hits in seven innings. Harang, who struck out three and walked three, is 2-0 with a 0.90 ERA in three starts this season against the Giants, all at Petco Park. Heath Bell got the final four outs for his 36th save in 40 chances. Bell replaced Chad Qualls in the eighth and threw one pitch to retire Carlos Beltran on a line drive to right with a runner on first and two outs. Venable led off the Padres first with his seventh homer to right. It also extended his season club record for leadoff homers to five. The home run was the third allowed by Cain in his last 20 starts. Overall, Cain has given up only eight homers. "Everything was feeling all right," he said. "I was trying to get ahead of guys and get early strikes." Pill tied the game with a homer leading off the fifth. Pill joined John Bowker as the only two players in franchise history to homer in their first two major league games. Pill homered off Wade LeBlanc on Tuesday night in his first major league at-bat, a two-run shot in the second inning of the Giants 6-4 win. The Padres took a 2-1 lead in the sixth when Jesus Guzman singled in Maybin, who reached on a two-out double. Notes: Cain has pitched 203 innings this season, the fifth straight season he has reached the 200-inning mark. ... Bowker homered in his major league debut on April 12, 2008, and again the next day. ... Padres manager Bud Black said after the game that INF Logan Forsythe would undergo surgery on his left knee on Thursday. Forsythe has not played since Friday with an inflamed patellar tendon in his right knee. But Black said Forsythes left knee, surgically repaired in the off-season, starting bothering him midway through this season. ... After a day off, Giants RHP Tim Lincecum (12-12, 2.75 ERA) will attempt to beat the Los Angeles Dodgers for the first time this season in four starts (0-2, 1.86) on Friday to open a six-game homestand. LHP Clayton Kershaw (17-5, 2.45) pitches for the Dodgers. ... LHP Cory Luebke (5-8, 3.29) will start for the Padres on Thursday at Arizona, facing NL wins leader RHP Ian Kennedy (18-4, 2.96). Brendan Shanahan Red Wings Jersey . Marie rink in the Ice Cube Curling Center, as they moved Canada up to 3-2 in the round robin by beating Denmark by a score of 7-6. Terry Sawchuk Red Wings Jersey . Weiese left the arena with a splint on his wrist and will undergo further tests to determine whether the tendon is torn. Weise was acquired from the Vancouver Canucks in early February. . "The acquisition of Dale Weise contributed to the success of our team this season. A young veteran with a lot of character, Dale is an intense player with a strong work ethic. TORONTO -- Andrea Bargnanis first game at the Air Canada Centre as a visitor wasnt one he will particularly care to remember, but it could have been a lot worse. DeMar DeRozan scored twenty points on Friday as the Toronto Raptors beat the New York Knicks 100-91 in pre-season action. Bargnani scored 10 points in 22 minutes of play and received a tepid reception from the Toronto crowd. A particularly disgruntled fan yelled out, "You suck, Bargnani," in between the American and Canadian anthems, but the 27-year-old didnt seem to take the boos to heart. "The fans have the right to do whatever they feel they want to do," Bargnani said after the game. "We had some good years, we had some bad years. a The only thing I have to say about the fans in Toronto is that I was lucky to play here for seven years." The booing from the half-filled arena wasnt as bad as expected. "It was actually not that bad," Amir Johnson said. "I heard some cheers, I heard a little bit of boos awe always had great battles in practice just going back and forth. He looked pretty good out there. I just wish the best for him." The seven-foot, 256-pound Bargnani was drafted first overall by Toronto in 2006, and went on to average 15.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game over seven seasons with the team. The Raptors tried to push Bargnani as the face of the franchise during his seven-year tenure with the organization, but fans failed to embrace him as the team had hoped. Shortly after DeRozan was drafted ninth overall in 2009, the shift to market DeRozan as the new face of the future began. Four years later, with Rudy Gay at DeRozans side, the two hope to be the one-two punch needed to help the Raptors end a five-year playoff drought. &"Hes been here a long time," DeRozan said of his former teammate. Detroit Red Wings Shop. "Way before I was here. Sometimes you just need a new home. A new place to start over and regroup and figure out a new identity." Through three pre-season games, DeRozan is turning heads. The fifth-year swingman continued his strong showing with a 15-point first half, on 7-for-15 shooting from the field and 6-for-6 from the free throw line. Torontos coaching staff has stressed attacking the basket to DeRozan. "I was eighth or whatever it was in free throws in the league (last season)," he said. "My goal is to try to get into the top five of free throws and that comes with being aggressive." Carmelo Anthony led New York with a game-high 24 points and added eight rebounds. The Knicks took a four-point lead into the fourth quarter after three tight quarters of basketball. After playing his starters throughout the first half, Raptors coach Dwane Casey elected to go with his reserves in the final frame. Quincy Acy got into the game for his first minutes of action this season and the move paid off. Acy and fellow sophomore Terrence Ross combined to provide late-game heroics by reeling off their own 11-0 run to lead the Raptors to victory. "Quincy Acy got our attention, the coaching staffs attention," Casey said. "We knew what he could do, hes working his behind off. Theres nothing free, you get an opportunity to go in and play, you take advantage of it. When your numbers called, its an opportunity to go in there and do something and play and produce and he did that." The Raptors next head to Minnesota to face the Timberwolves on Saturday night. They open the regular season at home against the Celtics on Oct. 30. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Auston Matthews Maple leafs Jersey ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy