Nike Air Huarache Womens

Nike Air Huarache Womens

Postautor: sooo » 14 sty 2019, o 05:54

To some, Stan Smith is a former tennis world No 1 and two-time grand slam champion. For many others, this information is located halfway down the first page of Google results when you search his name.

What takes up the first half of entries is Smith’s legacy, more enduring than any records broken or silverware picked up on Nike Air Vapormax Dames court, a metonymy of a man who, like any successful brand, inhabits his name more fully as a Nike Epic React Flyknit Femme concept than ever he did as a person.

The Stan Smith story is a parable of modern marketing, of Nike Air Max Command Femme endorsement and brand muscle that has built a product’s reputation and stature into something freestanding and organic, where cult status and near ubiquity work in equal measure as keystones.

It’s rare for a fashion item to straddle opposing poles in this way. For the cognoscenti, be they trend-setters or of the breed of trainer obsessives known collectively as ‘sneakerheads’, popularity can be the kiss of death. Scarcity is a commodity in these circles. But since the shoes were launched, more than 40m pairs have been sold – that’s like the entire population of Venezuela, say, or Nepal, all wearing the same style of footwear.

They have undergone Nike Cortez Femme design permutations and spawned new generations. John Lennon, David Bowie and Naomi Campbell Nike Air Vapormax Damen have worn them. Ridley Scott included them in his Blade Runner dystopia. They have been archived and Adidas Stan Smith Damen reissued; they've gone from auction site rarities to being back in shops within the space of two years. And their popularity remains unbounded by time or distance from the man who gave them his name.

There were trainers in the Christian Dior couture show that month too – once, under the direction of flamboyant showman John Galliano, it would have been unthinkable. But the label’s creative side is now run by pragmatic Belgian Raf Simons, who’s as keen on modernising the institution of couture as he is on preserving its talents and its crafts. The previous season, he had introduced African kangas to the couture catwalk; this time, hypercasual, jewelled, slip-on sports shoes, worn with cocktail gowns that had taken hundreds of hours of Nike Air Huarache Womens work. It was the ultimate fashion statement.

Stan Smith holds up the Wimbledon trophy in 1972
Stan Nike Internationalist Womens Smith with Wimbledon trophy in 1972 (Rex)
“The most impressive and influential of fashion at the top end has nearly always come from the bottom end,” says Josh Sims, author of 100 Ideas that Changed Street Style. “There’s a long-held theory that it trickles down but I think the most profound trends have always been – when I say profound, I don’t mean seasonal, more cultural – have always been product trickling up.”
sooo

Wróć do Rozwój mowy