PHILADELPHIA -- Martin Brodeur has blanked all types of Flye

PHILADELPHIA -- Martin Brodeur has blanked all types of Flye

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 15 lis 2016, o 11:02

PHILADELPHIA -- Martin Brodeur has blanked all types of Flyers teams over two decades. Rafinha Jersey . He never had a shutout against one this bad. Brodeur was flawless in his 12th career shutout against Philadelphia, and Adam Henrique and Cam Janssen each scored goals to lead the New Jersey Devils to a 3-0 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. "Ive played the way I feel capable of playing, and I feel comfortable," Brodeur said. "Ive been working hard in practice, knowing I dont get as many starts as I would like." The Flyers beat the Devils 1-0 on Saturday in New Jersey. Henriques first-period goal would have been enough to stand in this one. Brodeur was never seriously challenged against the NHLs weakest offence and posted his 122nd career shutout. The Flyers have scored two goals in their last four games and have twice been shutout over that span. The anemic Devils havent been much better. They were blanked in their last two games, snapping the scoreless drought on Henriques goal only 1:57 into the game. Janssen scored in the third period. "Obviously the men went seven periods, and I think regardless of what you say, there are seeds planted in the back of your mind," Devils coach Peter DeBoer said. "To get a break early like that, I think it relieved a little bit of pressure. I thought we played a really good road game." Jaromir Jagr added an empty-netter with 1.3 seconds left. Both teams lived up to their billing as the worst offences in the NHL. The Devils entered next-to-last in the league with 27 goals while the Flyers were at the bottom with 22. The Flyers fell to a woeful 4-10-1 and held a closed-door team meeting for about 15 minutes. "Ive got to get them to play better, thats my job," coach Craig Berube said. "Its not a hard game. Its about competitiveness and a will to win and to do all the little things right to win." For as punchless as the Flyers offence has been, they were 52.3 seconds away from consecutive 1-0 wins after beating the Devils and holding a late lead against Carolina on Tuesday night. But the Hurricanes tied it in the final minute and won the game in overtime. The victory did make it another big night at the Wells Fargo Center for New Jersey owners Joshua Harris and David Blitzer. They bought the Devils in August, giving them duel ownership with the NBAs Philadelphia 76ers. The rebuilding Sixers stunned Miami and Chicago in the building last week. The Devils scored first when Eric Gelinas shot was deflected from the high slot by Henrique past Ray Emery. "We did a lot of things that we talked about; trying to get to those dirty areas and get those dirty goals," Henrique said. Emery got the start after the 1-0 shutout win over the Devils on Saturday. He stopped 14 shots in the win and 22 on Thursday. Janssen redirected Adam Larssons shot early in the third for the 2-0 lead. Emery has only one win this season. "We definitely have the resolve, have the guys in the room that want to get it going and theyre willing to do whatever we have to, to get it going," he said. The Flyers offence put almost no pressure on Brodeur, taking just six shots in the second period. He scored just his fourth NHL goal in 313 games. "He thinks he belongs here. Dont tell him that he doesnt belong here," DeBoer said. "Thats just the attitude that he has, and people feel that. Hes a good kid. He takes care of himself, and he works really hard at the game, because he needs to. Its all good for him to be here." Flyers centre Claude Giroux, the team captain, has not scored a goal in 15 games this season. Hes twice scored 25-plus goals and averaged a point-per-game in last years lockout-shortened season. He declined to talk to the media and met privately with team chairman Ed Snider. The Flyers were booed off the ice between each period by a crowd that thins out with each defeat. "You hear the boos," Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds said. "That just means youre not doing your job. The fans react to what they see." NOTES: Flyers F Steve Downie (concussion) did not play. ... Brodeur has 47 wins against the Flyers. ... The Flyers have lost seven of nine home games this season. ... The Devils won for the second time in 10 road games. Manuel Neuer Jersey . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. Philipp Lahm Bayern Munich Jersey . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils. http://www.fcbayernsoccershop.com/c-24-mats-hummels-fc-bayern-munich-jersey.aspx . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment.WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State forward Chadrack Lufile has almost grown bored with the Shockers winning streak. Honest. "I mean, at 5-0, we were talking about it," he said of the school-record start to the season, "but at this point of the season, we are just worried about these games. Were not comfortable at all. We know we can get better, and we know theres doubters." Fred VanVleet scored a season-high 22 points and No. 8 Wichita State beat Northern Iowa 67-53 on Sunday as the unbeaten Shockers extended their winning streak to 15 games. Cleanthony Early had 18 points for the Shockers (15-0, 2-0 Missouri Valley), who established a school record for consecutive wins and extended the best start in school history. The previous record winning streak of 14 games came in 1953-54. Deon Mitchell had 16 points for Northern Iowa (7-7, 1-1). Wichita State shot 38.1 per cent from the field, but VanVleet continued his hot streak. In the last four games, he averaged 18.3 points while compiling 21 assists and just one turnover. "Thats as good of point guard play as Ive seen in a long time, at any level," Shockers coach Gregg Marshall said. Northern Iowa bolted to a 12-2 lead in the first 4 minutes, making three of four 3-point attempts. But the Panthers were 2 of 20 from beyond the arc after that. "We found guys open, and those are shots were going to shoot," Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson said. "We will keep shooting them." Early scored 11 of Wichita States first 13 points in the second half. His third 3-pointer in a 5-minute span gave the Shockers a 43-33 lead with 14:05 remaining. "We gave him too much space over 40 minutes,," Jacobson said. Thiago Alcantara Bayern Munich Jersey. Northern Iowa rallied by taking the ball to the basket. Drives by Marvin Singleton and Mitchell were followed by Wes Washpuns two free throws that cut Wichita States lead to 43-39 with 12:17 to play. VanVleet sparked the next significant spurt for Wichita State. He made a jumper with 8:11 remaining and then dribbled past two Panthers and slithered between two more for a winding layup to go up 57-44 with 6:28 remaining, the biggest lead of the game to that point. Fittingly, it was VanVleet who sealed the victory. With the shot clock winding down, he bulled through the Northern Iowa defence and hit a 12-footer while being fouled with 2:28 remaining. The three-point play made it 64-47. Just 33 seconds later, VanVleet was in transition when he lofted a left-handed layup over two Panthers while being fouled. That three-point play pushed the Shockers lead to 67-47 as the crowd gave him a standing ovation. "I just have to pick my spots," VanVleet said. "I think teams respect that I like to find guys and will find guys. So that can open up lanes to drive." Jacobson was irked at not giving the Shockers a better run despite holding them to poor shooting and staying nearly even on rebounds. Wichita State finished with a 43-40 rebound advantage. "For anyone to beat them, they are going to have to have that kind of day," Jacobson said. "But you have to have better offence than we had." The Panthers shot 33.9 per cent (19 of 56) for the game. "I felt like we got back to our defensive identity," VanVleet said. "To go deep and win championships, you have to rely on defence." Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Rozwój mowy