Englands incredible World Twenty20 total of 230 against Sout

Englands incredible World Twenty20 total of 230 against Sout

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 19 lis 2016, o 10:44

Englands incredible World Twenty20 total of 230 against South Africa set a new benchmark but was it the nations best ever chase? Below are five other memorable contenders… Let us know your favourite @SkyCricket148-3 v Australia, Bridgetown - World T20 2010 Paul Collingwood sits down with Sky Sports Cricket to discuss Englands winning World Cup campaign in 2010 It was not the highest of chases, but one of the most significant in Englands history as they lifted a limited-overs trophy for the first time. Johnny Damon Yankees Jersey . After losing their opening game of the tournament against West Indies, England went on a run of victories to find themselves facing Australia in the final. Having been set 148 to win, England lost Michael Lumb early on but through Craig Kieswetter (63) and Kevin Pietersen (47) they cantered to a seven-wicket win with three overs remaining, with Paul Collingwood hitting the winning runs before lifting the trophy.350-3 v New Zealand, Nottingham - Fourth ODI 2015 Jonny Bairstow roars to the heavens in celebration Feature: watch highlights of each match in The Greatest ODI series ever?It marked the dawning of a brave new era for England. After humiliation at the 2015 World Cup and subsequent overhaul of the squad, Eoin Morgan led his men to an astonishing series win over New Zealand - the World Cup runners-up - in swashbuckling style. With the series on the line and set 350 to win by the Black Caps, Roy and Alex Hales pulverised the bowling attack to put on exactly 100 in just over 10 overs. The momentum continued, with Root and Morgan hitting a century apiece as they raced to a seven-wicket win with six overs to spare.338-8 v India, Bangalore - World Cup 2011 Andrew Strauss celebrates reaching his century during the 2011 ICC World Cup Group B match between India and England England came so close to a major upset in the 2011 World Cup as they tied with home favourites and eventual champions India in Bangalore. The hosts piled on a massive 338, with Sachin Tendulkar making a sublime 120, to all but put the game out of Englands reach. However Andrew Strauss career-best 158 took England to the brink of an unlikely victory in a game hailed as one of the greatest in World Cup history. Strauss shared 170 for the third wicket with Ian Bell before they faltered, falling in consecutive deliveries. There was more drama to follow, as Tim Bresnan, Graeme Swann and Ajmal Shahzad struck a six each to leave England needing two off the last ball, which Shahzad could only scramble for a single in a tense finale.190-4 v Sri Lanka, Chittagong - World T20 2014 Alex Hales takes Sri Lanka apart in 2014 Arguably the innings that announced Hales as a real player on the international stage. With his side staring down the barrel at nought for two after the first over, Hales batted with maturity before unleashing towards the end of the innings to seal a stunning win to temporarily keep Englands World Cup hopes alive. After recording Englands first T20 century, Hales stayed to the end and hit the winning runs as he finished 116 not out from just 64 balls, hitting six sixes. England were knocked out of the tournament in the group stage, but Hales brilliance marked him out as a key player for the future.129-7 v Australia, Trent Bridge - Fourth Ashes Test 2005 Trent Bridge stands to Ashley Giles after the winning runs are hit This one may have come in the longest version of the game, but it was one of the most dramatic chases in Englands history in a memorable summer. The brilliance of Simon Jones had helped England set themselves a modest target of 129 to go 2-1 up in the Ashes after 16 years of hurt. However against Shane Warne it was never going to be straightforward. The Australian legspinner took four wickets as Englands middle order collapsed and panic set in. It was left to stalwarts and unlikely heroes Ashley Giles and Matthew Hoggard to see England inch over the line, with Trent Bridge erupting as Giles clipped Warne through the leg-side to claim a dramatic win.Watch England take on Afghanistan in their next ICC World Twenty20 match from 9am on Sky Sports 2. Also See: Root is Englands best How England hit 230 Scorecard Verdict on Root Mickey Mantle Yankees Jersey . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. Austin Romine Jersey http://www.baseballproyankees.com/black-19-masahiro-tanaka-womens-jersey/ . The fourth-year guard from Carleton University kicked off his varsity career with rookie of the year honours in 2011, before racking up three straight Mike Moser Memorial Trophies for outstanding player.PARIS - Andy Murray clinched a spot in the ATP Finals on Thursday after beating Grigor Dimitrov in straight sets at the Paris Masters and then sent a message to his critics by scribbling bad year on a courtside television camera.Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., also kept his hopes of qualifying for the season-ending tournament alive with a 7-5, 7-6 (7) win over Spains Roberto Bautista Agut.Following a tumultuous year that saw him change coach and recover from a serious back injury, Murray booked his spot at the season-ending tournament in London by reaching the quarterfinals at the Palais Omnisports with a 6-3, 6-3 win over No. 9 seed Dimitrov.Before leaving the court, Murray signed bad year on a camera lens.It wasnt a jibe (at critics), its a bit of fun, he said about his autograph. I mean, people are going to ask me all the time why Ive had such a poor year by my standards. Youre allowed sometimes to say something in response to that. I dont tend to do that often, but, look, its been a hard year, a tough year, but it hasnt been a bad year.After missing last years season-ending tournament following surgery on his back, the eight-seeded Scot pushed hard to qualify for the indoor event for the seventh straight year, winning three titles over the past five weeks.Murray, who slipped from fourth in January to 12th in the rankings last month, reached the semifinals at the French Open then failed to defend its Wimbledon crown and had to wait until September to win his first title of the season at the Shenzhen Open in China.He split with coach Ivan Lendl in March and hired Amelie Mauresmo after Roland Garros.It could have been a lot worse, said Murray after contesting his 22nd match in five weeks. Coming back from surgery is not easy at all, and I learned that. The first few months of this year it was very difficult, and I had to dig deep at the end of this year in some ways to salvage the year, if you like. But its been a good year. New York Yankees Jersey. Not been my best year, but I wouldve signed up for being in this position when I had the surgery last year, I think.The Scot was in control throughout against Dimitrov, losing only two points on his first serve as he took a measure of revenge following his loss to the Bulgarian player in the quarterfinals at the All England club this year.Already qualified for the finals, third-seeded Stan Wawrinka failed to serve out the match before losing a 6-7 (2), 7-5, 7-6 (3) to Kevin Anderson in a match lasting nearly three hours as the hard-hitting South-African rallied to advance to the quarterfinals for the first time.I should have won, said Wawrinka, who has been hampered by a virus this week and coughed a lot during his press conference. In the end, I made stupid mistakes, but Im not panicking. Im still Top 4 in the world and I have a Masters to play, a Davis Cup final on clay, which will be totally different from usual tournaments.Since his quarterfinals exit at the U.S. Open, Wawrinka has won only two matches and will travel to London with his form in question. Wawrinka will also be teaming up with his Switzerlands teammate Roger Federer in the Davis Cup final against France from Nov. 21-23 in Lille.This year I had ups and downs that were very high or very low, added the Australian Open champion, who was two points from the match when leading 5-4, 30-0 in the decider. But I wouldnt change anything compared to any other year of my career. I can still play well in the Masters, win the Davis Cup, and the year will be fabulous.Anderson, who hit 18 aces against Wawrinka, will next face Tomas Berdych, who stayed on course for qualifying for the finals for the fifth straight year by beating Feliciano Lopez 7-5, 6-3. Fourth-seeded David Ferrer and No. 6 seed Kei Nishikori also kept alive their hopes of making it to London by defeating Fernando Verdasco and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga respectively. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Rozwój mowy