ur-time major quarterfinalist who

ur-time major quarterfinalist who

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 19 lis 2016, o 12:41

ANAHEIM, Calif. Kids Ugg Boots On Sale . - Just when the Houston Astros figured everybody in baseball had pretty much forgotten about them, theyve started to pull off some attention-grabbing feats. After a perfect road trip, the low-budget club with the ALs worst record is heading home with the majors longest active winning streak. Chris Carter homered, Erik Bedard pitched seven strong innings for his first victory of the season, and the last-place Astros completed a four-game sweep of the Los Angeles Angels with a 2-1 victory Monday night. Brandon Barnes drove in the go-ahead run in the sixth inning as the Astros finished their unblemished six-game trip with their seventh win over the big-money Angels in 10 meetings this season. The Astros completed their longest perfect road trip since 1999 despite managing only three hits and four baserunners — and one was picked off. "Everybody takes pride in winning and playing as a team, and guys are playing great right now," said Carter, who hit his fifth homer against the Angels already this season. "Its just about getting big hits in big situations." Houston hadnt won six consecutive games since August 2010, and hadnt won six straight on the road since July 2005. The Astros barely hung on for the latest win in their improbable string, with Jose Veras striking out Hank Conger with two runners on in the ninth for his 11th save. "I feel like were playing really good baseball," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "We had been playing good baseball, but now were starting to win those crucial break points. ... I look at the talent in that room. I know the potential we have. Youre starting to see were coming together. I said it last month: Were going to hit our stride, and were going to start winning some of those games we were losing." The Astros had just enough to hold off Los Angeles, which lost a game despite allowing three hits or fewer for just the fifth time in the last decade. Joe Blanton picked up his AL-worst ninth loss for the Angels despite matching his career high with 11 strikeouts and allowing just three hits in eight outstanding innings. The Angels held a closed-door meeting for 25 minutes after their latest discouraging loss in a season full of them. "Anything can happen in this game, so you cant take the other team for granted," said Albert Pujols, who went 0 for 4. "They have a lot of players who want to prove that they belong up here. We had our pitching matchups set up, and obviously things didnt go our way." Barnes dived to catch Pujols sinking drive to centre with Mike Trout on base to end the eighth. Veras then held on for his third save in the four-game series, giving up Alberto Callaspos two-out double and walking pinch-hitter Josh Hamilton striking out pinch-hitter Conger looking. Bedard (1-2) hadnt won in his last 11 starts dating to last season, but the veteran lefty gave up just five hits and a walk despite entering the night with a career 7.08 ERA at Angel Stadium. Trout drove in the only run for the foundering Angels, who have lost six of eight to erase all momentum from their eight-game winning streak last month. Los Angeles slid back to eight games below .500 with four consecutive losses to the Astros, dropping its record against the rest of the AL West to 9-19. Carters fifth-inning homer was the Astros first hit off Blanton (1-9), who kept mowing down the Astros in his first start with 10 strikeouts in nearly four years. Blanton still matched Philadelphias Cole Hamels for the major league lead in losses. "They executed when they needed to, and we didnt," Blanton said. "They pitched well. Anytime somebody beats you four in a row, youve got to give them credit. Its not all a matter of you playing bad." Hamilton was held out of the Angels starting lineup to give some rest to the slumping $125 million outfielder. Hamilton missed two games last week with back spasms, but the former AL MVP was 2 for 15 on the homestand, and is batting .169 against left-handers this season. Blanton struck out six of the Astros first nine batters. Houstons only baserunner in the first 4 2-3 innings reached on Callaspos throwing error in the third, but Chris Iannetta picked Matt Dominguez off second base moments later. The Angels took the lead in the third when J.B. Shuck doubled down the right-field line, advanced on Erick Aybars single and scored on Trouts flyout. Blanton was firmly in control until Carters homer, striking out the first two batters he faced in the fifth to surpass his season high. But Carter lined a pitch into the bullpens beyond the left-field fence for his 12th homer of the season. Houston went ahead in the sixth when Dominguez doubled, advanced on a bunt and scored on Barnes fly. NOTES: Astros SS Marwin Gonzalez returned after missing four games with a strained hamstring. ... Blanton matched his career-best 11 strikeouts on May 26, 2009, while pitching for Philadelphia against the Marlins. ... OF Peter Bourjos had a triple in the first game of his rehabilitation assignment with Single-A Inland Empire. Out since April 29 with an injured hamstring, the centre fielder is expected to rejoin the Angels this week, bumping Trout back to left field. Mens Ugg Boots Australia . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Ugg Earmuffs . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. http://www.cheapbootsaustraliasale.com/ ... women.html . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries.LONDON -- Still only 19, Laura Robson is busy accumulating a list of accomplishments that include the words "first British woman since." At last years U.S. Open, she became the first British woman since 1991 to reach the fourth round there. Thanks to a 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 comeback victory Saturday over Marina Erakovic of New Zealand, a match that included a crucial overturned call, Robson is now the first British woman since 1998 to make it that far at Wimbledon. And shes also assured of becoming the first British woman since 1987 -- more than a quarter-century ago -- to climb into the top 30 in the WTA rankings. Robson, a lefty with a fairly big serve who beat Kim Clijsters in the final match of the four-time major champions career, is nonplussed by it all. "I didnt even know about it until you (told) me," Robson said when asked about the significance of some of her milestones. "I just focus on, you know, playing my match, things like that. Things that actually matter." And she noted: "I dont go into the match thinking, If I win this, Im going to be top-30." Needless to say, the attention paid to her by the locals is increasing: Photos of Robson were all over the front pages of Saturdays newspapers, and she was thrilled with the vocal support she heard on Court 2 against Erakovic. The spectators got so loud that their roars could be heard across the grounds at Centre Court. "I dont think they had much to support in the first set," Robson joked, "but they were amazing. I thought they helped a lot." That sort of focus and backing only will increase in a place desperate for tennis success; the last British woman to win Wimbledon was Virginia Wade in 1977. Thats nothing, of course, compared to the wait since 1936 for a male champion at the All England Club, but its enough to get everyone around here rather excited about Robson. "Its good to do well, especially at Wimbledon," said Robson, currently ranked 38th. "But Im going to be playing for, like, another 10 years, so its all bonuses for now." Playing for a second day in a row, Robson did not start well. Not at all. "I was getting my butt kicked, basically," Robson said. "I was really struggling to return her serrve. Ugg Bailey Button Triplet. She was playing really well. So I just thought: Just going to try as best as I can, work as hard as possible and just stick with it until she starts to get nervous -- which is what happened." Indeed, the 71st-ranked Erakovic, who was trying to become the first woman from New Zealand to get to Wimbledons fourth round since 1959, was up a set and a break and served for the match at 5-4 in the second. But she set up a break point with one of her eight double-faults, and Robson pulled even at 5-all. "I think anyone would be tightening up serving for the match in that situation. And (I) knew that she hadnt made the fourth round of a Slam. That was what I was told," said Robson, who eliminated 10th-seeded Maria Kirilenko in her opening match. "So I kind of just tried to put the pressure on her serve, and she made a couple of double-faults, which helped me. But I knew that that was my chance to get in her head a little bit, and thats what I did." After holding to go up 6-5, Robson got a set point when Erakovic double-faulted to make it 30-40. Then came a key moment. Robson barely got a return back that looped high and just caught the edge of a line, but was called out before Erakovic finished hitting what would have been a winner. Robson successfully challenged the "out" ruling, the point was replayed, and Erakovic double-faulted yet again to cede the set. From there, Robson took complete control, building a 4-0 lead in the third set. After Wimbledons traditional day of rest on the middle Sunday, Robson moves on to Week 2 at Wimbledon. On Monday, she will face 46th-ranked Kaia Kanepi of Estonia, a four-time major quarterfinalist who beat 126th-ranked wild-card entry Alison Riske of the United States 6-2, 6-3. "Its now my second time in the second week of a Slam, so thats pretty cool. Except at the U.S. Open, I played on the Sunday, so it didnt quite feel like a second week," Robson said, "and my brother said it didnt count." Well, as far as all of a certain country is concerned, this one most certainly will count. And if Robson wins again, she will be the first British woman since Jo Durie in 1984 to reach the quarterfinals at Wimbledon -- or any Grand Slam tournament. Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
chenwen121314

Wróć do Rozwój mowy