onomic crisis led to the Rio orga

onomic crisis led to the Rio orga

Postautor: chenwen121314 » 21 lis 2016, o 15:10

Rio 2016 organising committee president Carlos Nuzman insists Brazil remains on schedule to deliver a successful Olympic Games despite the numerous problems which threaten to undermine it. Chuck Klein Jersey . A national economic crisis led to the Rio organising committee reducing its budget and infrastructure plans, while a health crisis surrounding the Zika virus means some officials, spectators and competitors are considering avoiding the Games, which run from August 5-21.There are also fears that some of Rios sporting facilities will not be ready on time and that the water will be too dirty for it to host sailing, open-water swimming and rowing events. Despite that, International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach spoke positively about the Games on Wednesday and Nuzman was similarly upbeat when he addressed the media in London on Thursday.We will deliver a spectacular Games, said Nuzman. We are not changing anything about the field of play.Nuzman said the only venue experiencing delays was the velodrome, which he said was 85 per cent finished and just required the track to be laid for completion. The Velodrome, under construction, at the Olympic Village in Rio We have all the support from the three levels of government. Even the companies involved in any other problems, they continue, [so] that we have no delays.Nuzman responded to concerns about the poor condition of the water at Marina de Gloria, where seven of the 10 sailing events will launch. He said that Olympics venues are to be inspected for stagnant water.The field of play of the Olympic Games is the other side of the bay, he said. The international federation gave the approval and we will keep a very strong team to clean, which will start and continue during the Games. The Marina da Gloria in Rio will host sailing events Nuzman also gave assurances that Rios anti-doping laboratory will be fully accredited with a correct and legal framework before the World Anti-Doping Agency deadline of March 18.It will be fully operational for the Games, he said. All the written regulation was approved by IOC, WADA, the federal government and organising committee. Now its in the hands of the federal government until March 15. This will be a strong legacy for us.With only between 12 and 15 per cent of Paralympic tickets and 47 per cent of Olympic tickets sold, there are fears about a lack of atmosphere at venues.But Nuzman was also upbeat on that issue. Many, many sports are already sold out. If we had more tickets, wed have sold more, he said. For the other sports, we have a campaign. Carlos Nuzman expects a successful Games in Rio Brazilians love to buy tickets at the last moment. This happened with the World Cup and other events. I am confident we will have full stands, and I hope sponsors can give the tickets they have to their guests.I think we are in a good way, apart from the problems you mention we have. Also See: Refugee team for Rio IOC: Bids not corrupt WBC horrified at plans King eyes Rio berth Ryan Howard Phillies Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. Aaron Nola Phillies Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. http://www.philliesbaseballshop.com/jer ... es-jersey/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St.WASHINGTON -- Bryce Harper is still feeling the effects of his collision with the Dodger Stadium wall, enough for manager Davey Johnson to consider resting the Washington Nationals outfielder for a few games. Harper aggravated his sore left knee three times in Sundays 6-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies, twice with head-first slides in the first inning. He slid into second on an infield hit-and-error, then hit the dirt again with a steal of third. For good measure, he then fouled a pitch off the knee in the third inning. He was limping throughout the game and was removed for a pinch runner after drawing a walk in the seventh. "If hed quit head-first sliding, hed be a lot better off," Johnson said. "Hell probably be down a few days. I dont know if theres fluid on the knee or what, but he was certainly gimpy." Harper, however, quickly answered "no" when asked if he expected to miss any playing time. "It probably wont get better until the off-season," he said. "Ive just got to deal with the pain. ... I could rest it for four days and feel better and I could go out there and slide and bang it up again -- and back to square one. Richie Ashburn Jersey. " Harper also differed with the manager on whether it would do any good to stop sliding head-first, saying the knee feels pressure either way. "If I slid feet-first right now, my knee might pop and not be good," Harper said. Harper has already missed three games because of the knee thats been bothersome since he ran into the wall in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on May 13, a collision that also left him with a gash in the chin that required 11 stitches. Harper is hitting .287 with 12 home runs and 23 RBIs. Johnson also announced that left-hander Ross Detwiler will miss a second start and go on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained oblique muscle. Johnson said the muscle is still tight, so Detwiler will skip Tuesdays scheduled start. His placement on the DL will be retroactive in the hopes that he can return to the rotation next Sunday. Left-hander Xavier Cedeno will be recalled from Triple-A Syracuse. Johnson said he hasnt decided who will start Tuesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
chenwen121314

Wróć do Rozwój mowy