Every time Jon Jones steps into the Octagon, legacy and hist

Every time Jon Jones steps into the Octagon, legacy and hist

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 30 lis 2016, o 11:05

Every time Jon Jones steps into the Octagon, legacy and history are both on the line. Eliaquim Mangala Jersey . The light-heavyweight champion and number one ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world is on an 11-fight UFC winning streak, the longest in the history of the weight class. Jones for his part is well aware of what is at stake each time they ring the bell and is more interested in continuing his run, than any money that can be made on the fight. Im not going to sit here and say I dont negotiate my fight purse, but once the fight is set, pay-per-view buys and selling the fight I really could care less, said Jones during Mondays pre-fight conference call that also featured his opponent Daniel Cormier. Im trying to get these titles and break these records. TSN kicks off its UFC coverage on Saturday with COUNTDOWN TO UFC 182: JONES VS. CORMIER at 7pm et/4pm pt on TSN4 and TSN5. The countdown show leads into two hours of UFC 182 preliminary fight coverage at 8pm et/5pm pt. Some of the records that are still on the horizon for Jones include the all-time winning streak record currently held by Anderson Silva at 16 fights and victories in championship fights held by Canadian Georges St-Pierre with 12 wins. Jones currently sits fifth in the UFC having eight victories with the gold on the line. With all of that success you would think Jones would be a fan favourite but he has found himself cast as the villain before a lot of his bouts, a fact that he has grown more comfortable with as the years have progressed. No one wants to be the bad guy, but at the same time people have tabbed me to be the bad guy and Ive learned to just let go, said Jones. Ive been hearing that Im fake so for many years, its like who cares if Im fake, I win fights thats what Im here to do, Im not here to win you over with my personality Im here to fight and thats ultimately my job. As far as the infamous brawl at the MGM Grand during the media day for UFC 178, Jones was happy the fans were able to see a more human side of his persona. A part of me was glad this came out because as a professional athlete, champion and a Christian, I try to be a professional and thats why I have so many great endorsements, because I do try carry myself as someone you would want to endorse, said Jones. But me when Im with my friends and family, Im a real dude, Im just me. This is who I am, I will swear or tell a guy that spit in my face that Ill kill him. It was a bad hit in a way, but relieving. In the aftermath of the brawl, Jones parted ways with Nike as a sponsor and it was thought at the time that the two incidents were connected. Jones has a new endorsement deal and is ready to set the record straight on parting with his old company. Nike didnt drop me because of the brawl and I owe an apology to them for saying they dropped me, said Jones. Theyve been known to stand by their athletes for worse than just a brawl at the MGM. The truth is that Nike didnt seem as though they wanted to move forward in the field of MMA, they werent activating me in the way they said they would. It was a mutual thing, something we had discussed months before the actual brawl and now Im with Reebok and Im so excited. The light-heavyweight champion is also amused by people that feel he cant win this fight on the ground, a stance that he does not agree with. I love the fact that people assume that if Daniel takes me down he wins the fight, said Jones. I love that people assume he needs to get close to me and then Im suddenly at some kind of disadvantage. Honestly Im so secure in my abilities as a fighter in the clinch, dirty boxing, my jiu-jitsu, my top game, my bottom game, I have no insecurities when it comes to my skill set. I mean Rashad Evans, he was like to beat Jon, you have to get into his chest I was like o.k. knowing that Im prepared. I find it very fascinating. As for what hes planning to do when he gets into the Octagon, the 27-year-old is ready to tackle this fight the way he contests them all. Im going to go out there and do what Ive always done, love the sport, enjoy the moment, be myself, confident, young, fast, athletic, said Jones. Ive done everything I can to win the fight, Ive trained, my cardio is great, my tactics are great, my playbook is rehearsed and now Im going to go out there and do what Ive always done. Jones will defend his light-heavyweight title against Daniel Cormier in the main event of UFC 182 on Saturday. NGolo Kante Jersey . - Zac Leslie scored two goals and assisted on two more, and Justin Nichols made 34 saves as the Guelph Storm blanked the Kitchener Rangers 6-0 in Ontario Hockey League action on Sunday. Hugo Lloris Jersey .C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U. http://www.soccerpro.us.com/USA/Matt-Besler-Jersey/ . He was 26. Edwards, the Supercup Championship leader, was in the passenger seat as an instructor for a private training session at Queensland Raceway at Willowbank, outside Brisbane, Porsche Motorsport said.BOSTON -- The pine tar on Michael Pinedas neck was a stain for the New York Yankees. General manager Brian Cashman was "embarrassed." Manager Joe Girardi called it "poor judgment." And Pineda was "sad" and vowed not to do it again. The Yankees right-hander was ejected for using pine tar less than two weeks after appearing to get away with using a foreign substance in another game against Boston, and the Red Sox beat New York 5-1 on Wednesday night. The previous time, Pineda said he used "dirt" on his right palm to get a better grip in cold weather in a 4-1 win over Boston on April 10 in New York. This time, he said he decided to put pine tar on the right side of his neck after allowing two runs in the first inning on another chilly night so he could use it to grip the ball. "Ill learn from this mistake," a downcast Pineda said. "It wont happen again." He was thrown out in the second inning when plate umpire Gerry Davis found the substance on the right side of Pinedas neck after Red Sox manager John Farrell asked him to check. Pineda walked from the mound without protest. "When its that obvious, something has got to be said," Farrell said. "Our awareness was heightened, given what we had seen in the past." Davis said he found pine tar and Pineda gave no explanation as he left the mound. Cashman said that in a similar situation, "I would want my manager to do what John Farrell did." He said the issue was discussed with Pineda after the game on April 10 and again after he was ejected. Now he expects Pineda to be suspended. "He did what he did, but were also responsible that somehow he got out of our dugout and was on the field in that manner," Cashman said. "That never should have happened." Pineda (2-2) had nothing on the right side of his neck in a photo of him on the mound in his tough first inning, when four of the first six batters reached on hits. Another photo taken in the second showed a shiny horizontal substance on his upper neck below his right ear. After Pineda struck out the first two batters and had a 1-2 count on Grady Sizemore, Farrell talked to Davis. The umpire went to the mound, looked at the ball then touched the substance on Pinedas neck with his right index finger. Then he gestured with that same finger, indicating Pinedas ejection. "He had a hard time gripping the baseball. Unknown to us, he put it on and went out there," Girardi said. "Its a young kid. I dont think hes trying to do anything, cheat. I think hes just trying to go out there and compete." Rule 8.02(b) says a pitcher shall not "have on his person, or in his possession, any foreiign substance. Julian Draxler Jersey. For such infraction of this section the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game. In addition, the pitcher shall be suspended automatically." "We will talk to the umpires tomorrow and review their report before taking any action," Major League Baseball spokesman Michael Teevan said. In recent suspensions of pitchers for pine tar, Tampa Bays Joel Peralta was penalized eight games in 2012, the Los Angeles Angels Brendan Donnelly 10 days in 2005 and St. Louis Julian Tavarez 10 days in 2004. The suspensions of Donnelly and Tavarez were cut to eight days after they asked the players association to appeal, and Peralta dropped his challenge with no reduction. In Pinedas previous start against the Red Sox, Farrell didnt see a photograph of Pinedas hand until the fourth inning; when Pineda came out to warm up for the fifth, his hand was clean. On Wednesday, with the game time temperature at 50 degrees, Sizemore started the first with a triple and scored on Dustin Pedroias single. With one out, Mike Napoli singled Pedroia to third. After Mike Carp flied to left, A.J. Pierzynski singled up the middle, scoring Pedroia. After Pinedas ejection, David Phelps came in and completed the strikeout of Sizemore. John Lackey (3-2) allowed one run and seven hits in eight innings with 11 strikeouts and no walks. Koji Uehara struck out three in the ninth in a non-save situation. "There is such a thing as too many strikes if youre hitting the white part of the plate," Lackey said. "I was fortunate enough tonight to be hitting the corners more times than not." Napoli had three hits and Boston scored two runs in the first and two more in the third. The Yankees scored on Alfonso Sorianos sacrifice fly in the sixth. NOTES: Girardi pushed a television camera focusing on Pineda in the tunnel. Girardi called it a "private area" and said "the camera is meant for the dugout and not the tunnel," adding "all I did was turn it." ... Boston Marathon mens champion Meb Keflezighi threw out the ceremonial first pitch wearing a Red Sox jersey with the name "MEB" and the number "26.2" on the back, the mileage distance of the race. ... Ortiz played in his 1,643rd game as a designated hitter, matching Harold Baines major-league record. ... Boston sent OF Daniel Nava to Triple-A Pawtucket and recalled RHP Alex Wilson. ... Mark Teixeira struck out four times. ... Derek Jeter was 0 for 4, ending his 11-game hitting streak. ... In the finale of the three-game series Thursday night, New Yorks CC Sabathia (2-2) pitches against Felix Doubront (1-2). NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Re: Every time Jon Jones steps into the Octagon, legacy and

Postautor: Drakhtul » 30 lis 2016, o 15:18

Ye too bad Jon Jones isn't champ anymore and they catched him on dopping :D
Drakhtul

Wróć do Rozwój mowy