ATLANTA -- The Cleveland Indians released pitcher Brett Myer

ATLANTA -- The Cleveland Indians released pitcher Brett Myer

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 16 lut 2017, o 09:26

ATLANTA -- The Cleveland Indians released pitcher Brett Myers on Thursday, cutting ties with a huge free-agent bust. David Krejci Jersey . The right-hander signed a $7 million, one-year contract in January but battled injuries and departed the Indians without winning a game. He went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in three starts and one relief appearance before going on the disabled list April 20 with a strained tendon in his elbow. He didnt pitch again for Cleveland. The Indians, who began Thursday four games back in the AL wild-card race, announced before facing the Atlanta Braves that Myers had been reinstated from the 60-day disabled list and released from his contract, which included an $8 million club option for 2014 the team had no intention of picking up. He is now a free agent and can sign with any team. "To his credit, boy, he plugged away," manager Terry Francona said. "He could have shut it down multiple times. He never did. He was getting antsy because he felt like he was getting ready to help us. And because hed had such a long layoff, we wanted to see him pitch some more." That wasnt going to happen with the Indians contending for their first playoff appearance since 2007. So, not wanting to risk losing someone off the 40-man roster if Myers was activated, general manager Chris Antonetti decided to let the pitcher go. The timing gives him a few days to pursue other opportunities before teams are allowed to expand their big league rosters for the final month of the regular season. "Maybe he can find a spot in the big leagues, as opposed to waiting until after teams call people up," Francona said. "I think that shows a lot of class on Chriss part." Clearly hurting, Myers struggled mightily during his brief time on the Cleveland staff. He gave up 29 hits -- including 10 homers -- in 21 1-3 innings. "He could have gone home any time. We would have never questioned it. But he kept plugging," Francona said. "It just wasnt coming out to the point where (there was a spot available). Were going to have some call-ups and if we end up taking some kid off the roster or losing some kid we dont want to lose, thats tricky. I didnt really know how we were going to find the innings to see how he was pitching, you know what I mean? Its kind of hard." Myers spent the majority of his career as a starter before pitching in relief for Houston and the Chicago White Sox in 2012. He signed with the Indians largely because they offered a chance to start again, penciling him in their rotation behind Justin Masterson and Ubaldo Jimenez. The 33-year-old Myers has reached double digits in wins six times and pitched at least 200 innings three times, most recently in 2011 when he won 14 games. Over a 12-year career, he is 97-96 with 40 saves and a 4.25 ERA. Matt Beleskey Jersey .That is precisely what they got Sunday.The Ravens trailed at halftime and never built a comfortable lead against lowly Jacksonville, yet did just enough to squeeze out a 20-12 win to stay in the thick of the AFC playoff race. Zdeno Chara Jersey . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. http://www.jerseyhockeybruinsstore.com/authentic-david-pastrnak-bruins-jersey-sale/ . That Ginette Reno can sing.MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams says her close friend Caroline Wozniacki is the fittest player on tour, and many would agree after the Danish former No. 1 completed the New York City Marathon — her first attempt at the 26-mile (42-kilometre) distance — in about 3 1-2 hours.But Williams said Saturday that she doesnt share Wozniackis love of running. Not even close.I do a lot of sprints. I need to keep my speed up, Williams said Saturday. I do distance to keep fit. I absolutely hate running, but I do it because I hate the way I look if I dont run.— By Dennis Passa — http://twitter.com/DennisPassa___LOVING THE CHOICE: Maria Sharapova isnt sure what she enjoys more — playing tennis and winning tournaments or being a couch potato — but she appreciates having the ability to choose.Sharapova has bbeen hampered in the past by shoulder injuries and surgeries. Bobby Orr Bruins Jersey. Last year at Melbourne Park, she lost in the fourth round and then revealed she had a hip complaint.This years shes healthy, and appreciating it, though also considering the tempting alternatives.The best thing is that Im here, she said Saturday. I have the opportunity to go out and try to win this tournament.It is sometimes nice to think that I could be on the couch watching on TV. I dont know if Id actually be watching ... I dont know if Id be drinking wine. Maybe a sangria actually..— By Dennis Passa — http://twitter.com/DennisPassa___Australian Open Scene follows tennis first Grand Slam tournament of the year as seen by journalists from The Associated Press. It will be often be updated throughout the day. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Rozwój mowy