minimize the amount of time Jake Arrieta Jerseys

minimize the amount of time Jake Arrieta Jerseys

Postautor: fotboll52 » 12 lip 2017, o 09:29

Many of Major League Baseball's stars have been on display this week in Miami, but nobody has stood out more than Aaron Judge, the Yankees' rookie sensation who put on a show in winning Monday night's T-Mobile Home Run Derby.

During separate exclusive Q&A sessions with the Baseball Writers' Association of America on Tuesday afternoon in advance of the 88th MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard, Commissioner Rob Manfred and MLB Players Association executive director Tony Clark both expressed excitement about the prospects of Judge and other young players emerging as faces of the game.

"Aaron Judge has been absolutely phenomenal," Manfred said. "There is no other word to describe it. He is a tremendous talent on the field, a really appealing off-field personality -- the kind of player that can become the face of the game."

Aaron Judge crushes 23 home runs, including one in extra time to advance to Round 2 in the 2017 T-Mobile Home Run Derby
Monday's event marked the highest-rated Home Run Derby since 2009, with dynamic young stars such as Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sanchez, Cody Bellinger and Miguel Sano putting on impressive Jake Arrieta Jerseys power displays.

"We sort of take the Home Run Derby for granted because we've done it for a long time, but it is a unique event for baseball," Manfred said. "The great thing about the Home Run Derby, it's the one thing we do on a national scale where you go out there and it's about you as an individual player. [Judge] certainly stepped up last night, but he wasn't the only one. There were some unbelievable performances."
Clark believes the game "is in a pretty special place right now" with the current crop of players.
• All(-Star's) rise! Judge rules in Derby debut
"I think we have an opportunity with the guys that we have to really move our game forward in that regard," Clark said. "You guys saw it last night, even some of the guys that were participating in the Home Run Derby. There's talent and personality there that is waiting to have its story told. I think we'll get there."
Manfred and Clark touched on a number of other subjects during their extensive Q&A sessions. Here are some highlights:

Manfred Obrazek admitted that while he doesn't know the exact reason for the game's uptick in power, he believes the idea of a juiced ball or an increase in the use of performance-enhancing drugs is not the culprit.
"This is one of those situations where I can't tell you that I know the answer," Manfred said. "Let me tell you what I do know: I do know that we have done more testing of Francisco Lindor Jerseys the baseball in the last couple of years than ever has been done historically. I do know with absolute certainty that the baseball falls within the tolerance of the specifications that have existed for many years."

Manfred noted that the way the game is being taught and played has changed, with more of a tolerance for strikeouts and a greater emphasis on homers as the primary offensive tool than at any point before.
"The more important question for us is to figure out as much as we can about what's going on, and maybe even more important, to think about what it means to our fans and whether we need to do something to manage the change that's taking place Kris Bryant Jerseys organically," Manfred said.

While much of the national focus has centered on the state of the baseballs in use, Manfred introduced another potential theory, one that MLB is beginning to look into.
"One thing we're thinking about is bats," Manfred said. "We've kind of taken for granted that the bats aren't different, so we're looking at the issue of bats."
Clark said the increased quality of the wood used in bats has helped reduce the multi-piece fracture issues that previously existed.

The deal with the DL
The introduction of the 10-day disabled list this season has been a major change for clubs, some of which have been aggressive to use it as a roster flexibility tool.
"I think the concept of the 10-day DL was a good one," Manfred said, "in the sense of, A, the clubs wanted it, and B, it gave clubs additional flexibility to deal with injuries and minimize the amount of time that great players may be outside the game to the detriment of fans. All those are positives.
"Unfortunately, and we saw some of this right around the All-Star break, any new rule, our guys figure out a way to manage it. I don't like some of the activity that's gone on in terms of the use of the 10-day DL, and we're having conversations about that internally."
In Clark's view, the 10-day DL has essentially been employed as expected, with the flexibility offered by the reduction from a 15-day minimum DL stint benefiting injured players.

"Oftentimes, that 15-day window -- having an injury that spans that entire window isn't often the case," Clark said. "But playing one man down for an extended perio

If you want to know more of the news here is your best choice, please http://www.2017worldbaseballjersey.com you can get it!
fotboll52

Wróć do Rozwój mowy