Der Sneaker kennzeichnet Adidas 'propriet?

Der Sneaker kennzeichnet Adidas 'propriet?

Postautor: yaya2017 » 22 wrz 2017, o 05:16

There’s a new ugly-chic shoe to covet—and no, we’re not talking about Birkenstocks, Crocs, or the purposefully dirty sneakers at Gucci and Balenciaga. The latest patently hideous, yet wildly comfortable shoe to get the high-fashion treatment? None other than Danskos.I first noticed them yesterday as I flipped through Bonnie Young’s www.jessicaadler.se lookbook; she styled her breezy dresses, floral maillots, and extra-wide trousers with Dansko’s unmissable optic-white clogs. Curious. Adidas NMD Damen It seemed like a one-off styling trick until I stumbled upon another pair of Danskos—this time a black, patent leather backless style—in Jonathan Cohen’s studio this morning. He searched high and low for them in Chinatown so he could pair them with his abstract-printed dresses and frayed-edge suits. “They look expensive!” he joked. “And they’re super affordable.”They’re also crazy-comfy. I’d argue they’re less ugly than Crocs, but definitely more polarizing than Birkenstocks, which actually look www.ceskyrucicky.cz chic with slip dresses and dark-rinse jeans. Talk to me in a few years, though—maybe we’ll be saying the same thing about Danskos. There’s a good chance Young and Cohen were inspired by cool women they saw wearing the clogs on the street; Danskos have long been part of the eccentric-Upper-West-Side-lady equation, and I recently saw a hipster girl wearing them with vintage Levi’s and Asics Gel Lyte iii Herren a cropped sweatshirt at a Toro y Moi Nike Air Max 90 Mens concert in Bushwick. I took a stealth photo to send to my sister, Liz, who works as a neonatal nurse at NYU Langone and swears by—you guessed it!—Danskos.She rarely has time to eat, let alone sit down, during her 12-hour-plus night shifts, so comfortable shoes are a matter of staying sane.

Her fellow nurses wear Nike Vapormax sneakers and even Stan Smiths to sprint through the NICU, but those don’t have nearly the support of a Dansko’s thick, cushy memory-foam footbed. I’ve tried them on, too, and couldn’t help but laugh. They feel like nothing else, but they look even weirder from above—like kidney beans. Liz would never be caught wearing them outside of the hospital, but our friend Evan is ahead of the curve. He just started his residency at NYU and wears brown Danskos to the hospital, but also on his days off with T-shirts, Adidas Superstar Damen Schwarz jeans, and even shorts. Maybe we’ll see guys’ versions in the Nike Air Max Classic BW Fall ’18 menswear shows next January—until then, keep your eyes peeled for more clogs in London, Milan, and Paris.Sybil Burnham compares owning a shoe store to farming.“You put seed in the ground and then you have to trust God to give it the right weather to make it grow,” she said.Now, after nearly 50 years in the business, Burnham is coming in from the fields to kick up her feet and rest. Burnham’s Shoes, which has operated in Alabama since 1967, will close its Dothan and Columbus locations on Saturday. The Columbus store is being sold to a new owner, and the Dothan store will cease to operate.Sybil said that as she approaches the age of 80, she felt it was time to retire.“I’ll miss all of the customers and friends, but when I’m playing with my great-grandson, I probably won’t miss them as much,” she said.“Following my dad’s death, my mom has tenaciously taken care of this business with her heart and soul along with some help from her faithful employees," said Lisa Burnham, Sybil’s daughter . "I know my dad is proud Nike Air Presto Dam of her and is smiling from heaven on her difficult decision to finally retire.”

Sybil’s husband, Harold, started Burnham’s with a store in Brewton. A graduate of Cottonwood High School, Harold had worked at shoe stores all over the country and had saved money to open his own store. Sybil worked alongside her husband in the early days, and later stepped back as the business grew and more employees Nike Air Max 90 Homme Grise were needed.“Even then, at least once a week Harold sat me down and informed me of what was going on in the store,” she said.Sybil described her husband as a true “people person” who delighted in helping customers find shoes that were comfortable and attractive.“In Harold’s eyes, a woman was never truly dressed unless she had on a dress and heels,” she said. “He didn’t get that with his wife, but he tried,” she said.Sybil said that her and her husband’s shared passion for customer service made their business prosper in independent retail, a tough business even before the advent of e-commerce.A few years after opening the Brewton store, the Burnhams relocated to Dothan and opened a store in the Porter Square Mall in 1973. Burnham’s Shoes moved again in the 1980s to Wiregrass Adidas NMD Herren Commons Mall, shortly after the mall was constructed. The Burnhams’ realized the mall wasn’t the right place for their business and later moved to the Dothan store’s current location in a shopping center at the corner of Denton Road and the Ross Clark Circle.The Burnhams branched out and opened their store in Columbus in the early 2000s. Harold was heavily involved with the design of the store.
yaya2017

Wróć do Rozwój mowy