How defensemen became the NHL's most valuable asset

How defensemen became the NHL's most valuable asset

Postautor: lucky » 23 wrz 2017, o 09:56

It really all started June 29, 2016, when the Edmonton leafs Authentic Jersey Oilers dealt All-Star Taylor Hall to the New Jersey Devils for defenseman Adam Larsson, who had barely established himself since being drafted fourth overall in 2011. Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli was mostly savaged for the trade, which was immediately overshadowed by the blockbuster deal the same day that swapped franchise defensemen P.K. Subban and Shea Weber. A year later, between Subban and the Nashville Predators' run to the Stanley Cup Final and the Vegas Golden Knights' stockpiling blueliners in the expansion draft, defensemen have never been more valuable. If you want to acquire even a serviceable D-man, it'll cost you. "I don't know if it's just the way that the league is going or the style of play that teams are having success with, but defensemen are at a premium," Hall said. "You have to draft them. If not, then you have to give up good players http://www.authentictorontomapleleafs.com/authentic-tyler-bozak-jersey to get them." Perhaps no player understands that better than the left winger, who was the first-overall pick in 2010. "In Edmonton, for so long we needed defensemen. It was very obvious. Then I get to New Jersey, and what do we need? We need defensemen," Hall said. "Right now defensemen are certainly hard to find." After losing the 2004-05 season to a work stoppage, the league took the opportunity to institute several rule changes -- most notably allowing two-line passes and cracking down on obstruction -- designed to open up the game and revive offenses. The game has gotten faster, and one thing has become abundantly clear: defensemen must be able to skate. Since so many of the league's most dynamic players now occupy spots on the blue line, every team is looking for an elite defenseman. Erik Karlsson, Brent Burns and Drew Doughty have established themselves as franchise players by Authentic Zemgus Girgensons Womens Jersey becoming the engines that drive their respective teams' offense from the back end. Any defenseman capable of making a swift tape-to-tape pass out of his own zone might have a place in the NHL. When it came to defensemen driving the attack, the Predators' fleet-footed quartet of Subban, Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis and Mattias Ekholm proved crucial in Nashville's run to the Stanley Cup Final, in which it lost in six games to the Pittsburgh Penguins. When those four generated offense, the Predators won. In fact, the Preds went 5-0 in the http://www.officialbuffalosabres.com/Adidas-Zemgus-Girgensons-Jersey postseason when they got goals from Josi, who was named on Sept. 19 to replace Mike Fisher as the team's captain. "To have somebody that can help you get out of the zone, that's a big plus. A guy who has two guys coming at him and he still gets the puck out and on the tape -- not just distributing on the boards," said veteran goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, who won three Stanley Cup with the Penguins before the Golden Knights made him their first expansion draft pick. "When you have guys like that, it can get it out of your zone quickly. The transition is so much easier, and you have more puck possession also, which leads to more goals." Fleury has witnessed firsthand the evolution of NHL defensemen. He backstopped the Penguins to a championship in 2009 alongside the defensive pair of Rob Scuderi and Hal Gill. Although the shutdown duo was typically matched against opposing teams' best offensive players, Scuderi and Gill weren't exactly known for their balletic skating stride. Pittsburgh relied instead on their keen defensive minds, toughness and stickwork. hampionship Nick Foligno Youth Jersey bonafides notwithstanding, the Scuderi-Gill combo represents where the game used to be. "I think it has changed. Don't get me wrong: I love Scuds, I love Hal. They're awesome, and they played the best guys on the other team," Fleury said. "They were our shutdown guys. But maybe the game is a little quicker and more about skating now." Mere weeks after Pittsburgh beat the Predators in the 2017 Stanley Cup Final, the Golden Knights set the market for defensemen in the expansion draft. With limited assets to work with, Vegas general manager George McPhee identified defensemen as his ultimate bargaining chip. McPhee, who was required to select a minimum of nine defensemen, picked 13 before quickly trading away four for draft picks. When the NHL draft rolled around the next weekend, it became apparent that the age of the hulking intimidator on http://www.officialcolumbusbluejackets.com/Adidas-Nick-Foligno-Jersey the blue line had come and gone. Of the nine defensemen picked in the first round, five measured 6-feet or shorter. Free agency kicked off days later. Its prime target: puck-moving defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, who signed a four-year, $26.6 million contract with the New York Rangers. "It seems like if you can't skate, you can't play. Now everyone needs to move the puck and support the offense. You can't just have guys backing up and playing defense and blocking shots," Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask said. "That's where a lot of the offense starts from nowadays. You have to have those puck-moving D-men who give you the first pass and then join the rush."
lucky

Re: How defensemen became the NHL's most valuable asset

Postautor: Jay332843867 » 25 wrz 2017, o 04:15

as become the main focus - title 'pillow' that implied this meaning. The book has a lot of income has been officially published in the 'Nature' magazine, but today it seems to have been incredible, wrong or even absurd article. The book editor claimed that the hope of 'natural' magazine on these 'odd emotions' Christian Louboutin of the article, showing a 19 to 20th century scientific panorama. Netease blog; Jiang XiaoyuanYou do not know the opium war Chinese people used to call the first Sino-British war 'opium war', but in fact the cause of this war is definitely not what 'Britain in order to dump the opium.' (Such as Anglo-American to the end Coach Drawstring Madison Des [url=http://www.nikeneo.com/mens-shoes-nike-dunk-low-cut-c-174_175_181.html]Nike Dunk Low Cut sacs[/url] of the 19th century and early 20th century began to legislate to restrict drugs), the strange thing is that these opium-free countries, but no one to smoke opium, but rather China's non-smoking country Opium to opium. On the one hand, there are a lot of people in the Qing Dynasty is holding a high-ranking officials but nothing to do, usually in addition to the gambling is naturally poison (it is like a per capita GDP less than three thousand dollars of the poor countries can be in the field of luxury goods alone Coquettish the same), and other foreign goods or the same as the piano can not play, or like a knife and fork watch pajamas and the like is not fun. On the other hand, after the ban on smoking Qianlong, officials around the country can actually find opium insurance fees, and received a black money is not tax, in order to grab this piece of fat, not only did michael kors not implement the Qianlong policy, but also spared old life introduction of opium, Leading to opium in China selling more prosperous. At first, the emperor gentleman on smoking this thing is not very serious, Nike Men Shoes Sale until Daoguang years, farmers around the uprising constantly, the Qing Dynasty opium army was beaten to find the North, found that the guns do not make the light all the responsibility to push all To the opium. In fact, Daoguang do not think about how the officers and soldiers pumping opium farmers do not smoke, then the army corruption, usually not good training, save money to eat and drink, and other leaders to check when the bumbling performance of several fixed programs , So later the Qing and foreigners playing wobers worseted or lose a mess, to the Sino-Japanese naval warfare is the leading equipment in the case of being defeated by Japan. And the emperor in order to build a harmonious society, the army has been a good health support, which gave them to provide all the conditions of opium: money and time. This army fighting Nike Air Max Shoes with the farmers almost, pumping the opium even more did not have to play, then Daoguang know anxious, made a ruthless to ban smoking. But where does he want those who should have helped him ban smoking, both the main consumer of opium and the asylum of opium smuggling. For these people, the army did not fight off my fart, the Qing Dynasty Jiangshan off my Pishi, not my, is my emperor I alone, I took advantage of the current officer is fishing it. In this way, smoking is naturally out of the question, until the last light to find a real willing to ban smoking people - Lin Nike Free Run Shoes Zexu, and the story Sac MK Pas Cher of the British began from here. Said funny, Lin Zexu to Guangzhou smoking, had local officials want to take his money to send him home, who knows this person is really work, do not eat this set. Today we say that Lin Zexu is a national hero, in fact, when officials are when he is a neuropathy, and this person really want to canada goose outlet put today's officialdom he was to be used as a neuropathy, or two or two rounds have to be harmonious. Lin Zexu to Guangzhou shortly after the foreigners to require the surrender of all opium, also made a note: I heard that the United Kingdom and the United Kingdom dry weather, dry soil, barbarians are the meat into powder consumption, over time lead to stool barrier, only China's rhubarb and tea can be solved, the emperor is good to you, you should also cooperate with my imperial ban on smoking work. I do not know anything about you, but so do not you play with me, in fact, our people are very annoying you, you sell opium, no guarantee that they will not kill you ... ... This stool is not the most outrageous, after the cheap celine bags Minister suggested that the light punish the opium, how to punish it? The minister said that he heard that the twist is the people who smoke opium on the bamboo pole, with cannons fired into the sea ... ... Lin Zexu is also very interesting, at any time to kidnap public opinion threatened foreigners, but in fact, Out of the people disdain, in his eyes, the bottom of the public there are only two kinds of people: foreigners and foreigners of the potential running dogs. Unfortunately, the degree of foreigners' understanding of China is often far better than these government officials. Before the outbreak of the Opium War, British Anderson suggested that the British Government: According to my observation, the Chinese people generally hate the Qing government, and so on, we can not hurt the general masses , And should post a notice that the war is not against them. Later, the British also mad
Jay332843867

Wróć do Rozwój mowy