over who oversaw the sparring session and who else was invol

over who oversaw the sparring session and who else was invol

Postautor: swq520824 » 27 wrz 2017, o 14:53

Former two-division world titleholder Juan Manuel Lopez and Albert Rivera, trainer for Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. China NFL Jerseys ., have both been fined and still face possible suspensions by the Puerto Rican Boxing Commission for their post-fight, in-ring brawl last month.Lopez, who is a former titleholder at junior featherweight and featherweight, and countryman Vazquez, a former junior featherweight titlist, squared off in a hotly contested grudge match at junior lightweight on Oct. 29 at Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan, Puerto Rico.Lopez knocked Vazquez out in the 11th round and immediately after the fight was waved off, began to celebrate before storming toward Vazquezs corner, where he was met by Rivera. A fist-fight ensued as they exchanged multiple punches - Lopez with his boxing gloves still on and Rivera bare-fisted -- and created a near-riot in the ring and at ringside as fans began throwing things into the ring as they fought.Order was eventually restored and Lopez (35-5, 32 KOs), who had come out of a 25-month retirement for the fight, and Vazquez (24-7-1, 19 KOs), who announced his retirement following the fight, put their long-simmering differences aside as they hugged in the ring and showed respect to each other in the post-fight interview.But the commission, which went to the television production truck immediately after the fight to secure a video of the incident, was not about to overlook the ugly post-fight fight. They were given nominal fines -- $1,000 for Lopez and $500 for Rivera -- but they face suspensions at a later date following a commission hearing.Rivera has yet to talk publicly about the incident but Lopez offered his apologies.The commission knows me very well, Lopez said in a statement given to ESPN. I have made mistakes in the past but I would not characterize me as a person of unsportsmanlike conduct. On the contrary, I have always defended the values that boxing represents, and I am very active in the community teaching and motivating children with those same principles. Having said that, I sincerely apologize to the commission, to Vazquezs trainer and to all the fans for my conduct.According to a Lopez representative, Lopez also sent the commission and Rivera a letter of apology.Lopez has been in trouble with the Puerto Rican commission before. After he lost his featherweight world title by upset eighth-round knockout to Orlando Salido in April 2011, they met in a rematch in March 2012. Once again, Lopez got knocked out, this time in the 10th round. During his post-fight interview on Showtime, Lopez claimed that referee Roberto Ramirez Sr., a very experienced championship official, had a gambling problem, clearly suggesting that the reason Ramirez stopped the fight was because he had action on the bout, which Ramirez vehemently denied.Lopez later apologized for his comments, but the Puerto Rican commission meted out a harsh one-year suspension, fined him $10,000 and ordered him to perform 100 hours of community service. NFL Jerseys Outlet . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. China Jerseys Cheap . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. http://www.wholesalejerseyscheapclearance.com/ . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Nick Blackwell is no longer sedated after being operated on to reduce swelling on his brain.The retired middleweight is understood to be stable but as he is yet to wake his condition is being monitored.The 26-year-old suffered the injury last Tuesday in an ill-advised sparring session that took place despite him no longer having a licence to box.He had retired after collapsing at the end of his defeat by Chris Eubank Jr. in March, when he was found to have suffered a bleed on the skull and put into an induced coma.While Blackwell remains in hospital and will continue to be monitored by doctors, the British Boxing Board of Controls investigation into the circumstances surrounding his injury is also ongoing.Their general secretary Robert Smith has spoken of their need to discover who oversaw the sparring session and who else was involved.The incident happened without the knowledge of Blackwells former trainer Gary Lockett, who had encouraged the fighter to get his trainers licence if he wanted to remain in the sport. Cheap College Jerseys. ockett said in a statement: I cant believe the boxer he sparred with, and [the] coach or coaches involved, would ever allow Nick to spar when hes had a brain injury.In due course, I hope they are dealt with by the British Boxing Board of Control in the correct manner.We thought that was all going very well and while we knew Nick missed boxing, we obviously didnt realise the extent to which he missed it.I am deeply saddened by what has happened. Nick is not just an ex-boxer of mine, but also someone I consider to be a friend. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
swq520824

Wróć do Rozwój mowy