Cowen was a throw-in in the Dion Phaneuf trade

Cowen was a throw-in in the Dion Phaneuf trade

Postautor: teimainor » 27 wrz 2017, o 15:56

Those new deals, and the club's commitment to a duo that hasn't accomplished much to this point, will need to be justified relatively soon by the young Jets squad.

There's a solid foundation in Winnipeg led by Patrick Laine, Mark Scheifele and company, but it's on the entire organization to make owner Mark Chipman look smart for giving two key members of his staff some job security.

Jared Cowen is trying to put his spat with the Toronto Maple Leafs http://www.hockeyfanswear.com/michael-frolik-c-1_229_234.html behind him, but he's clearly harboring some resentment about the contract ordeal.

It was a joke of a process, Cowen told BSN Denver's Adrian Dater at Colorado Avalanche training camp Friday. But, it's in the past. It was a stressful time in my life, in terms of getting traded, getting bought out, getting waived, (and) finding out I needed surgeries.

The defenseman, who joined the Avalanche on a pro tryout last month, lost his arbitration case against the Leafs back in December. He was arguing Toronto shouldn't have been able to buy out his contract because he was injured, but the Leafs were of course ultimately permitted to do so.

Cowen was a throw-in in the Dion Phaneuf trade, but never played a game for Toronto. He had a pretty blunt assessment of the sequence of events that played out.
teimainor

Wróć do Rozwój mowy