Troy Aikman criticizes Dak-Dez connection

Troy Aikman criticizes Dak-Dez connection

Postautor: Angel92 » 11 paź 2017, o 03:21

Troy Aikman knows what it means to form a http://www.officialcowboysprosale.com/rico-gathers-jersey-c-1_24.html bond with a star receiver. He and Michael Irvin won three Super Bowls together largely because their chemistry was so great. For many years, Tony Romo and Dez Bryant seemed to replicate that chemistry.
But now, Romo is gone and Bryant doesn't look like himself. Since Dak Prescott took over as quarterback, Bryant's catch percentage has fallen below 50 percent, and his 12.6 yards per catch this season is the lowest number he's produced since he was a rookie. Clearly, something is off. And in an interview with The Musers on KTCK-FM 96.7 The Ticket, Aikman attempted to explain what. The Dallas Morning News transcribed the interview.
"I don't think Dez is a great route runner. I think there's some uncertainty probably within the connection and the chemistry between Dak and Dez. I think it's a number of different things, but that should be better, and it needs to be better. I mean, (Bryant) has to be a force, and for too long he has not consistently been a guy who's been able to go out there and dominate games the way he once did years ago."
The Cowboys are making their run at Super Bowl 52! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!
Some of the criticism makes sense. It seems pretty clear that Prescott has better chemistry with Jason Witten and Cole Beasley than he does with Bryant, and physically, Bryant surely has lost a step. He's not the same physical force of nature http://www.cowboysprostore.com/michael-irvin-jersey-c-1_20.html that he once was.
But other portions are confusing. No, Bryant is not a great route runner, but that has never been fully necessary. Romo made many big gains by scrambling and finding Bryant on broken plays. It's not as though Prescott doesn't do the same.
Something is clearly off between the two, but it's important to remember that they have played a total of only 19 games together. It's unrealistic to expect Bryant to have the same comfort with Prescott in that span that he did with Romo over the course of several seasons.
Angel92

Wróć do Rozwój mowy