ankees, including four straight quality starts last year. "T

ankees, including four straight quality starts last year. "T

Postautor: swq520824 » 3 gru 2017, o 07:35

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Sergei Bobrovsky helped the Columbus Blue Jackets hang around just long enough for Sam Gagner and Seth Jones to win it. Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys .Gagner tied it with 16 seconds left in the third period and Jones scored 46 seconds into overtime, lifting the Blue Jackets over the Dallas Stars 3-2 on Tuesday night.Bobrovsky stopped 36 shots, and Nick Foligno also scored.The first period wasnt our best, and Bob really kept us in it, Gagner said. Hes been doing that a lot.Tyler Seguin scored his team-leading fifth goal for Dallas early in the third for a 2-1 lead. Columbus pulled Bobrovsky for an extra skater on a power play in the final minute, leading to Gagners slap shot from atop the left circle that beat goalie Antti Niemi.Jones then won it with a wrist shot through traffic from above the circles.Jason Spezza also scored for the Stars, and Niemi made 25 saves.We did a lot of good things in the first period, set the tone, Dallas coach Lindy Ruff said. We knew theyd have a little bit of push in the second, but its a tough one to swallow because I felt that last minute we had played the type of game were going to win most nights.The Blue Jackets improved to 4-3-1 and swept the two-game season series with Dallas.After a scoreless first period, Foligno got his second goal when he snapped a wrist shot from the left circle 3:50 into the second. Zach Werenski picked up his seventh point with an assist, tying him for the team lead. Brandon Saad also assisted.The Stars tied it later in the second on Spezzas third goal, a charging shot from the top of right circle past Brobrovskys glove hand.Dallas went ahead 1:13 into the third when Seguin buried the puck from a sharp angle just to the left of the net.Both goalies were solid in the first period, especially Bobrovsky, who endured Dallas 18-shot barrage while his teammates took half that many.The Blue Jackets couldnt muster a shot until Gagner managed one with 11:44 left in the first period, which was highlighted by a helmetless Foligno pummeling Dallas Antoine Roussel after Roussel just missed an aggressive check on Alexander Wennberg. Both players were penalized for fighting.The Blue Jackets just returned from a four-game trip out West, and coach John Tortorella said it can be difficult to get players energized once theyre back on home ice.Our first period was just a bad period, but I thought as the game went on we got better, said Tortorella, who is above .500 for the first time in his tenure with the Blue Jackets. Bob gave us a chance to get our legs underneath us. Its a step in the right direction for the team in finding a way to win a type of game like this.Game notes Stars D Dan Hamhuis returned to the lineup Tuesday after being a healthy scratch Saturday in a 4-0 loss against the Minnesota Wild. He replaced Patrik Nemeth. ... Blue Jackets D Ryan Murray returned to the lineup after missing the past four games because of injury. He caught an elbow to the head against the Chicago Blackhawks on Oct. 21. Dalton Prout was scratched to make room. ... D Scott Harrington also was a healthy scratch for the Blue Jackets. The Stars scratched D Jamie Oleksiak, LW Curtis McKenzie, as well as Nemeth. ... After a 2-1-1 West Coast swing, the Blue Jackets began a stretch of playing eight of 11 games at home.UP NEXTDallas: Play St. Louis at home Thursday night.Columbus: Host Montreal on Friday night.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacy Cheap Cardinals Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. http://www.cheapstlouiscardinalsjerseys.com/ . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. NEW YORK -- All these intentional walks to David Ortiz are becoming a good move -- for Mike Napoli and the Boston Red Sox, that is. Napoli hit a grand slam right after Ortiz got a free stroll, Felix Doubront stifled the Yankees once again and the Boston Red Sox sent New York to its sixth loss in seven games, 11-1 Saturday night. Napoli has batted four times this season after intentional walks to Ortiz. Hes produced in those spots, homering twice and driving in eight runs. "My job is to be his protection," Napoli said. "I like protecting him and maybe giving managers another thought." Daniel Nava added a three-run homer in the eighth inning that emptied the crowd. The aisles were full of fans streaming to the exits by the time Nava touched the plate, and a "Lets go, Red Sox!" chant erupted when Stephen Drew homered in a three-run ninth. The Red Sox stopped Phil Hughes recent run of success against them and evened this three-game series going into Sunday nights wrapup. Boston won on a warm evening, with Yankees catcher Chris Stewart leaving after the fourth inning because of dehydration. Napolis second slam of the season capped a five-run burst in the third and followed the one-out walk to Ortiz. Stewart and shortstop Jayson Nix visited Hughes when the count reached 2-2 -- Hughes said it was to change signs -- and Napoli lined the next pitch over the right-centre fence for his fifth career slam. "Maybe a little bit of an extra challenge," Boston manager John Farrell said. "He responded well." Napoli admitted he was extra eager, and swung too hard at first. He then took a deep breath, relaxed and connected. "You got one guy thats struck out 75 times in 200 at-bats, one guy thats struck 22 times in 150 at-bats coming into this series," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "To me, youre looking for a strikeout in that situation." "Its a situation where I dont necessarily want to do it, either," he said. "I dont want to start putting people on base, but youre trying to shut down an inning. Im going to do what I think is the best thing to do. I thought the best thing to do was to try aand get Napoli. Cheap St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys. " The Red Sox had been outhomered by the Yankees 4-0 in their first four meetings this year. Napoli and Nava provided pop, and more -- Nava got four of Bostons 18 hits and had an RBI grounder in the ninth, Napoli had three hits. Doubront (4-2) won for the first time in five starts since his last victory on April 27. He permitted one run and six hits in six innings, striking out six. The 25-year-old lefty with the slow, big-breaking curve has a 2.52 ERA in 10 career outings against the Yankees, including four straight quality starts last year. "The adrenaline, facing those guys," he said. Robinson Cano was hitless in 12 career at-bats against Doubront before solving him for a single. The next time up, the All-Star took a wild swing and missed a 72 mph breaking ball by a lot. Hughes (2-4) was pulled in the fifth when Napoli came up. The right-hander won his final three starts against Boston last year while allowing a total of three earned runs. NOTES: Girardi said Stewart got "lightheaded" but was OK. ... Napoli hit Bostons fourth slam of the year. ... Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira singled for his first hit of the season after coming off the disabled list a day earlier. ... Red Sox CF Jacoby Ellsbury missed his second straight game because of tightness in his left groin. Farrell says he hasnt ruled out Ellsbury returning Sunday night. ... RHP Clay Buchholz (7-0, 1.73) is set to start for Boston in the series finale vs. RHP Hiroki Kuroda (6-3, 2.39). ... The Yankees will host a day-night doubleheader (1:05 p.m./7:05 p.m.) on Aug. 20 against Toronto to make up for a rainout on May 19. ... Bernando LaPallo, who says at 111 that hes the oldest Yankees fan, was on the dirt near the dugout during batting practice and injured star Derek Jeter came over to greet him. "Hit some home runs," LaPallo told Jeter. "I got to start playing first," the All-Star answered. Born on Aug, 17, 1901, LaPallo says he first saw the team in person when it was called the Highlanders and played at Hilltop Park, its home until 1912. LaPallo says he met Babe Ruth even before he played for the Yankees or Red Sox. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
swq520824

Wróć do Rozwój mowy