Stanley Cup Monument unveiling; Ottawa, Oct. 28

Stanley Cup Monument unveiling; Ottawa, Oct. 28

Postautor: Angel92 » 10 sty 2018, o 03:51

As a member of the 1989 Stanley Cup-champion Calgary Flames, Lanny McDonald joyfully pressed hockey's ultimate trophy Randall Cobb Jersey Womens overhead on the ice at the Maxime Lagace Womens Jersey Montreal Forum.ObrazekOn a pedestrian mall in downtown Ottawa, the freezing temperatures of a ceremonial face-off taken in March by Dave Keon and Frank Mahovlich were now replaced by a cold, steady rain. And as the moisture beaded in McDonald's iconic moustache, the chairman of the Hockey Hall of Fame was in great spirits, posing with NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly in front of the hulking Stanley Cup monument that had just been unveiled behind them."I don't think I could lift this one over my head," McDonald said with a laugh. "But it is so fitting. This monument fits not only the occasion but it speaks volumes about the game, all its curves. You could bring a school field trip here and the kids can learn so much about the history of the game … all the teams that have won during the past 125 years, and where it all started."Five nights earlier, I was in a crowd of more than 100 former NHL players at the annual, star-studded NHL Alumni Gala. So many stories, many greatly embellished which made them even more enjoyable.And then I turned a corner to see Lindsay, 92, and Toronto goalie great Johnny Bower, about to turn 93, bump into each other like Lindsay would have crashed Bower's goal crease a half-century ago. Immediately Brandon Marshall Jersey they began reliving past glories, telling tales that LeGarrette Blount Womens Jersey you couldn't invent.

Wróć do Rozwój mowy