n the greens to feed it close to the hole.

n the greens to feed it close to the hole.

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 26 sie 2016, o 11:17

Marcus Stroman tries to win his fourth consecutive decision today when the Toronto Blue Jays close out a three-game series with the Minnesota Twins at Rogers Centre. Swingman Derrick Rose Jersey . Stroman, the Jays first round pick in 2012, is also trying to become Torontos first rookie to win his first three starts since Mauro Gozzo in 1989. He was terrific on Friday versus St. Louis, as he gave up a run and seven hits in six innings to run his record to 4-0, while, lowering his ERA to 5.40. Hes won both of his starts and has surrendered just two runs in 12 outings of those contests. "Its been special," said Stroman. "Its just awesome to put my team in a position to win the two times I have been out there." Minnesota will have an equally impressive right-hander on the hill in Phil Hughes, who lost for the first time in nine starts his last time out. Hughes was defeated by Houston on Friday, as he yielded five runs and six hits in six innings, dropping him to 6-2 on the year to go along with a 3.46 ERA. "I just wasnt making adjustments the way I have before," Hughes . "I didnt recognize it early enough to make some better pitches with the two-seamer or the cutter. I tried to generate some extra velocity and came out of my mechanics a little bit and just left some balls over the plate." Hughes may continue to struggle on Wednesday, as he is a mere 1-4 with a 7.39 ERA in his last seven starts north of the border. Torontos high-powered offense was blanked for the third time in four games on Tuesday, as Kevin Correia spun six-plus strong innings in Minnesotas 4-0 win. Correia (3-7) gave up six hits and a walk with one strikeout, while Brian Duensing, Jared Burton and Glen Perkins each tossed a scoreless frame to polish off the shutout for the Twins, who won for only the second time in six tries. "I think once he got going he got his confidence," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of Correia. "Great performance by him." Brian Dozier hit a two-run home run while Danny Santana had two hits, drove in one and scored once in the win. J.A. Happ (5-3) was tagged for four runs -- three earned -- on six hits in just 3 2/3 innings for the Blue Jays, who have lost three of their last four. "I felt like I was locating for the most part. It doesnt really matter ... all that matters is the results," Happ said. The Blue Jays, who had been shut out only once before this stretch, is hitting just .186 over its last four games. "You never see that coming," manager John Gibbons said. "Naturally, as hot as we were, you figure youre going to cool off a little bit." Minnesota won two of three when these teams squared off in April. Charles Oakley Jersey . The six-year-old Irish-bred took the lead coming off the final turn and never looked back, defending his title at the $1-million Pattison Canadian International on Sunday. Kristaps Porzingis Jersey . The London derby, played with rain swirling around the Emirates Stadium, failed to produce the drama expected, with few attempts on goal. "They defended well, were well organized, and we didnt find our zippy movements to play between the lines as we can," said Wenger, whose side lost 6-3 at Manchester City in its last game. http://www.nbaknicksonline.com/womens-willis-reed-basketball-jersey/ . The Japanese aces first complete game in the major leagues — a shutout, no less — still cant hide a sobering reality. The Rangers are eight games behind Oakland and dangerously close to last-place Houston, a 100-loss team for three years running.BETHESDA, Md. - Tiger Woods was back on the PGA Tour for the first time in more than three months Thursday and said he felt "fantastic." He was talking about his back, not his game. One day into his most recent return from injury, thats what mattered to him. Woods opened with two straight bogeys, made five more bogeys in a seven-hole stretch around the turn at tough Congressional and finally found his groove late in the opening round of the Quicken Loans National for a 3-over 74. Woods was tied for 83rd — only 19 players had a higher score — and he will have to score better Friday if he wants to avoid missing the cut for the first time in two years. "I made so many little mistakes," Woods said. "So I played a lot better than the score indicated." Congressional had a lot to do with that. Two weeks after a U.S. Open that had no rough, Congressional made it feel like one. Any shot just off the fairway was buried, making it difficult for even the powerful players to reach the green on some of the longer par 4s. Greg Chalmers finished with three straight birdies for a 66 and a one-shot lead over Ricky Barnes and Freddie Jacobson. Defending champion Bill Haas, Patrick Reed, U.S. Open runner-up Erik Compton and Tyrone Van Aswegen shot 68. Compton birdied his last four holes. "I didnt think it was easy at all," Chalmers said. "I played really well, and I think anybody who plays really well can shoot a low score. You just have to be coming out of the fairway, and I didnt that the majority of the time today." Only 26 players in the 120-man field broke par. This day, however, was all about Woods. He has been golfs biggest draw since he turned pro in 1996 and accumulated 79 wins on the PGA Tour and 14 majors. He won the last two times he played Congressional, in 2009 and 2012. Even with an early start, the gallery lined the entire left side of the 218-yard 10th hole, with hundreds of others watching from the patio and veranda of the famed clubhouse at Congressional. Two holes into Woods opening round, they had reason to ask: We waited three months for this? But it wasnt just Woods. He played with Jason Day and Jordan Spieth, and that trio of top-10 players combined for six bogeys in two holes. All three of them were in the fairway on the same hole one time the entire round — on No. 11, the hardest at Congressional, and only because Days tee shot ricocheted off a tree. Day had a 73, while Spieth shot 74. "It was cool playing the first one back," Spieth said. "I love playing aalongside Jason, as well. Swingman Willis Reed Jersey. . We are all rooting for each other, and thats a good feeling. It was hard to root for each other because it just looked like the lid was closed on the hole. But once we all started hitting a couple fairways, it got better at the end." Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont., the lone Canadian in the field, also opened at 3 over. Woods looked about the same as he has all year. He gave away shots with his short game, with some ordinary chips and not making as many putts as he once did. On his second hole, No. 11, he had a 50-foot putt from the fringe that came up 18 feet short of the hole. He missed consecutive 6-foot putts — one for birdie, one for par. He did most of the damage to his card around the turn, failing to get up-and-down for par on the 15th, 17th and 18th holes, hitting a poor chip from the side of a bunker on the long par-3 second, pulling a pitching wedge into a bunker on No. 3 and missing a 5-foot putt. That put him at 6 over for the round. At the time, Day was 4 over and Spieth was 5 over. "We were all kind of looking to break 80," Woods said. "It was a bit of a fight today for all of us, but we all hung in there." Woods found some rhythm from there, hitting an approach from 196 yards on the 467-yard fourth hole to 3 feet, and ending with short birdie putts on the par-3 seventh and short par-4 eighth by wisely using the slopes in the greens to feed it close to the hole. More telling was his final hole. He thought he had a chance to end his round with a 35-foot birdie putt, and as it broke just right of the cup, he quickly dropped to a crouch and then rose up to go mark his ball. That was the best evidence there was no problem with his back. "The backs great," Woods said. "I had no issues at all — no twinges, no nothing. It felt fantastic. Thats one of the reasons why I let go on those tee shots. I hit it pretty hard out there." Woods last played at Doral on March 9, when he closed with a 78 while coping with pain in his lower back. He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31, causing him to miss the Masters and U.S. Open. His return this soon was a surprise, and Woods was candid in saying that he might not have played if the Quicken Loans National did not benefit his foundations work with children. He also made it clear he was not risking further injury by playing now. The only issue Thursday was rust. "We saw what happened when he found his rhythm," Spieth said, alluding to Woods making three birdies over his last six holes, and missing only one green. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Wróć do Rozwój mowy