hitting streak for Los Angeles.

hitting streak for Los Angeles.

Postautor: jokergreen0220 » 31 sie 2016, o 10:24

WASHINGTON -- After his last start, Nationals starter Stephen Strasburg said his mechanics werent right. Womens Tony Gonzalez Jersey . Tuesday night he was finely tuned. Strasburg bounced back from his worst outing of the season with 7 2-3 strong innings, and Jayson Werth had two doubles and three RBIs in the Nationals 7-1 victory over the Colorado Rockies. "I just tried to execute pitches better. I wasnt trying to reinvent the wheel," he said. "I think I wanted to go out there and just trust myself, and just have a little bit finer focus. . I feel like I was able to keep the ball down a little bit." Anthony Rendon added a two-run double for Washington, which has won four straight. Strasburg (7-6) tied his career high by allowing seven earned runs in 4 2-3 innings in his last start -- a loss in Milwaukee -- and was 0-2 with a 7.27 ERA over his last three. Tuesday night he struck out eight and walked one while giving up one run. The Rockies didnt get a runner past second until DJ LeMahieus homer in the eighth. "I think strike one is probably the biggest difference," manager Matt Williams said. "He got ahead of a lot of hitters tonight. His curveball was effective, his changeup was effective. Went deep in the game. He threw a lot of pitches, but he was in command." Strasburg was lifted after walking Corey Dickerson with his 111th pitch. Tuesday night also was a bounce back game for Werth, who was 7 for 52 in his last 13 coming in. He doubled home two runs in the first, another in the fourth and walked twice. "(I) was here late last night watching video with Rick Schu, our hitting coach," Werth said. "Today, had a pretty good mindset going into the game and we made a minor adjustment, just kind of shorten (my swing) up a little bit." Washington has scored seven runs in three straight games, albeit the last two against the pitching staff with baseballs worst ERA. Bryce Harper went 1 for 5 in his second game back from the disabled list, and every Washington starter hit safely except Ian Desmond. "Theres not an easy out one thru eight," Strasburg said. "Its our job as pitchers to go out there and keep it close and let our (hitters) go out there and win the game." Christian Friedrich (0-3) allowed five runs in 3 1-3 innings for Colorado, which has lost 13 of 15. "Every day you cant worry about what happened yesterday," Rockies first baseman Justin Morneau said. "Youre not going to change it. If you start thinking that way, thats when you get in trouble. When you can put today behind us and come back and try and win a game tomorrow and start over, thats what good teams are able to do." Friedrich was making his third start since being called up June 21 and struggled once again, allowing five hits while walking four and striking out four. Overall, hes given up 14 earned runs and 21 hits in 13 1-3 innings. He struggled with his control early and the Rockies were quickly behind. Denard Span and Rendon walked to open the first, and Werth hit a smash past third baseman Ryan Wheeler, scoring both runners. Werth went to third on an infield single by Adam LaRoche and scored on Ryan Zimmermans sacrifice fly to make it 3-0. "Tough to play from behind against Strasburg. We got down early, made it tough," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. Strasburg helped Washington break it open when he doubled past a diving Brandon Barnes in right with one out in the fourth. Span singled Strasburg to third and moved to second on a wild pitch. Rendon then greeted reliever Chad Bettis with a double to left, increasing the lead to 5-0. Werth singled to score Rendon and later came home on a wild pitch. NOTES: In middle of 20 straight days with a game, Weiss rested SS Troy Tulowitzki and OF Charlie Blackmon. Blackmon grounded out as a pinch hitter in the eighth. ... Rockies LH Brett Anderson (broken finger), on the DL since April 13, is scheduled to make his first rehab start Wednesday for Triple-A Colorado Springs. ... The Nationals, after allowing 19 unearned runs in March/April and 13 in May, set a new club record by allowing just two in June. ... Colorados LH Tyler Matzek (1-2, 4.24) opposes RH Doug Fister (6-2, 2.83) in Wednesdays series finale. Tony Gonzalez Falcons Jersey . The 18th-seeded Bouchard, an Australian Open semifinalist earlier this year, showed fighting spirit in winning her 84-minute match with the 99th-ranked Larsson in the pairs first meeting. Womens Devonta Freeman Jersey . “That was one of the goals we wanted to create is when teams come into this building theres no more of this two points, kiss your relatives and go home,” said Randy Carlyle following a fifth straight victory at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday night. http://www.authenticfalconsteamstore.com/Youth-Ricardo-Allen-Elite-Jersey/ . We now know, of course ,United suffered a calamitous run of form which included a home defeat to the eventual champions, Arsenal. "Betfred" Fred Dones gamble that his beloved Manchester United would prevail ended up costing the bookie a not-so very cool million bucks. Ferguson vented his spleen and, in no uncertain terms, let the bookie know, as the vernacular-laced Old Trafford statesman demanded there would be no repeat early payout on a United title.SAN FRANCISCO - Hanley Ramirezs daily chats with hitting instructor Manny Mota are already paying big dividends for the Dodgers. Now its even more clear why the Los Angeles front office didnt flinch when pursuing a deal for the high-priced slugger this week. Ramirez hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and the Dodgers beat the San Francisco Giants 5-3 on Friday night in a matchup of the top two teams in the NL West. "Its why Im here," Ramirez said. "Manny Mota spoke to me and told me, Dont try to do too much. Just do what you know how to do. Every day he comes and talks to me. I have a lot to learn from him." Two days after being acquired from Miami in a trade meant to boost the Dodgers offence and playoff hopes, Ramirez went hitless in his first four at-bats against the Giants before homering to left-centre on an 0-1 pitch from reliever Sergio Romo (3-2). Ramirezs 15th home run of the season extended a stellar start to his Los Angeles career. The infielder slugger had three hits in the first two games with his new club and is batting .364 since the trade from the Marlins. "Just another lethal bat in our lineup," catcher A.J. Ellis said. "That ball was crushed." Ramirez also made a potential run-saving play in the field when he dove into foul territory to catch a throw from rookie pitcher Stephen Fife for a forceout following Matt Cains attempted sacrifice bunt in the fourth. It was exactly the type of performance manager Don Mattingly hoped for from Ramirez after the third baseman had some issues in Miami. "Hanleys an intelligent guy," Mattingly said. "Hes been easy to deal with." Andre Ethier, who walked ahead of Ramirezs home run, had two hits and scored twice to help pull Los Angeles within two games of first-place San Francisco. The Giants, looking to bolster their light-hitting offence, obtained veteran infielder Marco Scutaro from Colorado in a deal that was announced during the game. "Its no secret were looking for experience and depth," San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean said. Even with their offence sputtering, the Giants didnt go quietly. Kenley Jansen gave up back-to-back singles to Melky Cabrera and Buster Posey to open the bottom of the 10th. Jansen struck out the next two batters and then got Joaquin Arias to fly out for his 20th save. "We needed that win," Ramirez said. "We have a couple months left and were just going to go out there and keep winning series." James Loney and Juan Rivera had two hits apiece for the Dodgers, who beat the Giants for the third ttime in seven games this season. Custom Falcons Jersey. Shawn Tolleson (1-0) pitched one inning for his first major league win. Los Angeles needed this one after getting shut out in three consecutive games here earlier this season. The Dodgers got a stellar outing from rookie starter Stephen Fife and just enough from the bullpen until Ramirezs heroics in the 10th. Fife was called up from the minors before the game to make his second career start and pitched into the seventh inning. He also helped end the Dodgers 38-inning scoreless streak at AT&T Park when he doubled off Cain in the fifth for his first career hit. Jerry Hairston Jr. followed with an RBI double and scored on Mark Ellis single to give Los Angeles a 2-1 lead. Before that the Dodgers had not scored at the Giants waterfront ballpark since Sept. 11, 2011, including a series sweep earlier this season. Los Angeles got to Cain again in the sixth when Ethier hit a leadoff double and scored on Loneys single. Cain allowed three runs and nine hits over seven innings. The All-Star right-hander, who struck out two and didnt walk anyone, has only one win over his last six starts and was on the hook for the loss until San Francisco scored twice in the eighth. Cabrera singled and went to third on Angel Pagans one-out double. Brandon Belt followed with his third hit, a looping single to centre that drove in two and tied the game at 3. The Giants biggest problem isnt their pitching, however. Thats why they made the deal for Scutaro. He was hitting .271 with four home runs and 30 RBIs in 95 games for the Rockies. NOTES: SS Luis Cruz has a 10-game hitting streak for Los Angeles. ... Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval is making progress and could return to the lineup as early as this weekend, according to manager Bruce Bochy. ... Dodgers LHP Ted Lilly threw a bullpen session and will pitch for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga on Sunday before the team decides what to do next with the 36-year-old pitcher. ... San Francisco backup catcher Hector Sanchez (left knee sprain) played seven innings for Triple-A Fresno and might see time at first base before getting activated from the DL. ... The Dodgers placed LHP Scott Elbert (elbow inflammation) on the 15-day DL. The move, which was made to open a roster spot for Fife, is retroactive to July 26. ... A fan ran onto the field and made it to home plate before being taken away by security in the middle of the fifth inning. ... Dodgers RHP Chad Billingsley (5-9) faces LHP Barry Zito (8-6) in Saturdays game, which was originally scheduled as a night game before being changed to 1:05 p.m. for television. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Wróć do Rozwój mowy