Jones, 51, of Newark. ”

Odpowiada ekspert wydawnictwa Impuls

Jones, 51, of Newark. ”

Postautor: liny195 » 5 wrz 2018, o 05:44

Los Angeles Kings center Jeff Carter had plenty of time to work on his shooting and stick handling as he recovered from surgery to repair a cut tendon in his ankle that sidelined him for 55 games.

Carter is making up for lost time with his scoring prowess since returning for the stretch run Jay Novacek Jersey , leading the Kings in a contested playoff chase.

Carter completed a hat trick by scoring with 4:25 left and the Kings beat the Arizona Coyotes 4-2 on Thursday night.

”Carter had a hell of a game,” Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet said. ”He’s a world-class player.”

Carter scored for the third consecutive game, helping the Kings open a two-point lead over the Anaheim Ducks for third place in the Pacific Division before the Freeway Faceoff rivals meet Friday night in Anaheim.

Carter capped his sixth career hat trick on a wrist shot from the left dot to give the Kings the lead at 15:35 of the third period. It was Carter’s 13th goal in 17 games since returning from injury, and his 59th multi-goal game in his 900th career appearance.

”It’s just his presence in a lot of areas checks a lot of boxes, but he’s a production guy,” Kings coach John Stevens said. ”He ends up in the scoring areas, he goes to the tough areas. He scores goals that other guys can’t.”

Carter has five goals and two assists during a three-game point streak.

Jack Campbell made 20 saves for his second career win, and the Kings won consecutive games for the first time since winning three in a row Feb. 17-20. Anze Kopitar added an empty-net goal with 1.7 seconds remaining, and Tyler Toffoli had two assists.

Kevin Connauton scored for the second straight game and Max Domi had a goal and an assist for the Coyotes, who had won two straight over the Kings. Darcy Kuemper made 31 saves.

Despite being in the mix to finish with the worst record in the NHL, Arizona has been playing as well as any team in hockey over the last two months. The Coyotes, who were 14-7-1 in their previous 22 games and coming off back-to-back wins over Stanley Cup contenders Vegas and Tampa Bay, continued that strong form.

However, they never had an answer for Carter.

”I think that can go in the memory bank and find ways to win that next year Brian Urlacher Jersey ,” Domi said. ”It’s a good test for us, but a really good learning experience, too.”

Los Angeles made it 2-all when Carter redirected Dion Phaneuf’s shot from the blue line in for a power-play goal at 11:49 of the second period, canceling out Domi’s backhand for his ninth goal at 5:14.

Connauton put the Coyotes ahead 1-0 at 12:26 in the first period with his third goal in two games, but Carter tied it up at 1 with 27.5 seconds remaining by tipping Derek Forbort’s shot past Kuemper for his 350th career goal.

”They’re all playoff games for us now,” Carter said. ”One of my roles on this team is to provide offense, so if I can keep putting them in the net that’s a good thing.”

NOTES: Kopitar set a new career-high with his 35th goal. . Campbell improved to 2-0-2 as Jonathan Quick’s backup since the Kings traded Kuemper to the Coyotes on Feb. 21. .. Coyotes rookie defenseman Trevor Murphy picked up his first assist on Domi’s goal. It was Murphy’s second point in four career games. … Clayton Keller’s 10-game point streak ended.

UP NEXT

Coyotes: Host the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night.

Kings: Visit the Anaheim Ducks on Friday night.

Sam Darnold and the New York Jets are still in a contract stalemate – with no clear resolution in sight.

The team held its third practice of training camp without the prized rookie quarterback on Sunday, the first session open to the general public. While there were plenty of green and white No. 14 jerseys roaming the Jets’ practice facility, none were being worn by the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Darnold is unsigned and staying away from the team while his representatives and the Jets continue to hash out details in his contract. Meanwhile, many fans remain somewhat surprisingly patient and optimistic that the young quarterback will get to camp.

”Of course I’m disappointed,” said 24-year-old Kelly Stickle, a New Jersey resident wearing a No. 28 Curtis Martin jersey. ”I mean, (he’s) the prospective starting quarterback, but hopefully they’ll reach an agreement soon and he’ll be out here.”

Both sides are hoping that’s the case. But it’s unclear when that will happen.

”I’ll get an update when he runs out on the field Charles Tapper Jersey ,” Jets coach Todd Bowles said. ”I’m a coach. I don’t handle the money or anything like that, or the business side of it. I understand it all and I am aware of it all, but I coach the guys that are out here and that’s all I am worried about.”

Under the slotting system in the NFL, Darnold will receive a four-year, fully guaranteed contract worth $30.247 million, including a $20 million signing bonus – when he signs. But the dispute seems to hang on contract language.

One issue could be offsets, which if included could provide a team with a measure of financial protection if it cuts a player during his rookie contract. Not having offset language, a condition that Darnold’s representatives are apparently seeking, allows a player to receive his remaining salary from the team that cut him, as well as get paid by another team that signs him.

According to published reports by ESPN and the New York Post, another hang-up could be default language that is related to the guaranteed money. Some teams include stipulations that could void guarantees if a player is fined and/or suspended by the NFL for disciplinary reasons.

”I’m a businessman and I understand,” said 40-year-old Washington resident Kevin Deans, who was sporting a Darnold jersey. ”It seems that they’ve just got to work some stuff out. I don’t hold it against anyone.”

That seemed to be the general feeling among many fans who attended Jets practice. They’re not happy Darnold isn’t in camp, but are hopeful this storyline will soon go away.

”It’s really unfortunate that Sam’s not here Graham Glasgow Jersey ,” said 23-year-old Jimmy Egan of Yonkers, New York. ”Obviously, we want him here to get the chemistry with the players and all that. But, I think from his perspective, he’s letting his agent handle the business side. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully it gets done soon.

”Hopefully, we’ll get Sam out here practicing with the guys and hopefully he starts against the Lions in September.”

That could become a much tougher task for Darnold the longer he holds out of camp. The 21-year-old quarterback is expected to compete with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater for the starting job, but is losing valuable on-field and in-classroom time with each passing day.

The 39-year-old McCown is the incumbent and currently the favorite to be under center for New York at Detroit on Sept. 10 in the regular-season opener. He and Bridgewater have been taking increased snaps in practices in Darnold’s absence.

Most teams have at least three quarterbacks early in camp to ease the workload on the players. Coach Todd Bowles has said the Jets could consider that, but had no intention to add another camp arm at this time.

”You’re just kind of literally more aware of every throw,” McCown said. ”Even if I catch the ball, I’m throwing it to somebody else so it’s not a real rep. I’ll toss it with my other hand. You have to be smart with how many throws and be cognizant of how many throws you make.”

During the practice session Sunday, the offense was having a particularly solid stretch when Long Island resident John Pagano, a long-time fan known as ”Cuz,” shouted: ”We don’t need Darnold! If he were committed Kemoko Turay Jersey , he’d be here now. We’ve got two good quarterbacks here now!”

That sentiment was soon negated when Bridgewater threw an incomplete pass, setting off several fans in the metal bleachers who shouted: ”Sign Darnold!”

If Darnold’s holdout lasts much longer, the as-of-now patient Jets fans might start voicing their frustrations soon, too.

”I believe he’ll be here before the start of the season, but you’ve got to take care of the business part,” said Andre Jones, 51, of Newark. ”If he holds out too long, we’ll probably be a little disappointed. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

NOTES: Bowles confirmed that RB Eli McGuire will need surgery on his broken foot, and said a timetable for his return would be determined after the procedure. … The Jets signed RB George Atkinson III, son of former Raiders safety George Atkinson, and waived TE Bucky Hodges. … The team announced in a post on social media that it will introduce new uniforms next April to mark the franchise’s 60th season. The Jets did not disclose any details on the upcoming changes.

Jacob Evans Jersey ,
liny195

Wróć do Pomoce logopedyczne