Smith called Tucker a "great guy"

Odpowiada ekspert wydawnictwa Harmonia

Smith called Tucker a "great guy"

Postautor: elaine95 » 24 sie 2018, o 05:04

Ready or not Ezekiel Elliott Jersey , the Cleveland Browns are getting their close-up.

Coming off a historic, dismal 0-16 season, the Browns have been chosen to appear on HBO's popular "Hard Knocks" series that gives NFL fans a behind-the-scenes look at training camp.

The Browns have turned down previous opportunities to be on the award-winning series. But with renewed optimism around Cleveland following the recent draft, and the selection of quarterback Baker Mayfield, the team is granting HBO unlimited access to its upcoming camp.

Cleveland is the 13th franchise to participate in "Hard Knocks," which began in 2001 with the Baltimore Ravens. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were featured last summer.

Although they've won only one game the past two seasons under coach Hue Jackson, the Browns see the show as a possibility to highlight some of their younger players and put a positive spin on their rebuild.

And for HBO, Mayfield's quest to win the starting job is just one of several juicy story lines.

"NFL Films has always been exceptional at bringing fans closer to the game and they do an outstanding job with every show they produce, including HBO's Hard Knocks," Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam said. "We have been asked multiple times about being featured on Hard Knocks, and we really felt like it was our turn this year and the timing was right. We want to be great partners in this league, and we also recognize Hard Knocks gives fans a special opportunity to learn more about our team and players."

HBO's cameras are certain to focus on Mayfield, the brash Heisman Trophy winner from Oklahoma the Browns chose over other quarterbacks. Mayfield is expected to back up Tyrod Taylor this season, but their competition could make for the kind compelling TV that has made the series a must-watch for football junkies.

A 30-person film crew will be at the team's training facility in Berea to record more than 2 Troy Niklas Jersey Patriots ,000 hours of footage for the five-segment series that will debut Aug. 7.

The Browns have some good young players who are not well known outside Cleveland. But "Hard Knocks" will give national exposure to budding stars like defensive end Myles Garrett, Mayfield and safety Jabrill Peppers and give the network a chance to tell the well-documented story of former Pro Bowl wide receiver Josh Gordon, who has missed most of the past three seasons because of drug suspensions.

Mayfield has experience in front of the cameras. He was recently featured in a recent documentary series as he prepared for the draft, and feels the Browns can make "Hard Knocks" a positive experience.

"For me looking at it, and us as a team, I'd say it can be good if you handle it right. I'll just say that," he said on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "If you think about it as a way to get on camera and try to show off and do certain things and handle it the wrong way then that can be very negative, it can be a distraction. But if you use it as a sense of, 'OK, I got to block out everything else and just focus on playing ball,' then that can be a great thing for us."

Jackson and Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams have both been on "Hard Knocks" 鈥?Jackson with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013 and Williams with the Los Angeles Rams in 2016.

"Being able to bring our fans in so they can get to know our players and our organization in a different way will be a huge positive for us," Jackson said. "I want people to see how much our players and coaches care, how hard they work and how badly they want to win for Cleveland. This will be a great opportunity for our team."

Browns general manager John Dorsey had reservations about the series, but feels the team is equipped to handle the added scrutiny.

"Once we sat down and talked about it as an organization Authentic Erick Aybar Jersey , I feel a lot better and understand why the time is right," said Dorsey, who has been overhauling the team since being hired in December. "Hue and I both feel like this team is in a good place and that we are in the process of building something that will lead to success."

Roquan Smith mentioned Dick Butkus and Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. The Georgia standout hopes to add his name to the list of great Chicago linebackers.

The Bears drafted Smith with the No. 8 overall pick Thursday night, adding a potential cornerstone player on defense rather than another offensive weapon for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

The Bears have spent the offseason collecting pieces they believe will help Trubisky develop into a franchise quarterback. But when Indianapolis took Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson with the sixth pick, it seemed apparent Chicago would address the defense.

"What they can expect from me when I arrive is a relentless guy on the field and off the field, going about my business the right way and going to do whatever it takes to put the Bears in the best possible situation every time I step on to the field," smith said. "And I'm beyond excited, I can't put it into words how excited I am about this opportunity to be a Chicago Bear. It's insane and I'm ready to give the city of Chicago everything I have in me."

Smith joins a team with four straight last-place finishes in the NFC North and just one playoff appearance since the 2006 team's run to the Super Bowl. The Monsters of the Midway haven't finished with a winning record since 2012, Lovie Smith's last season as coach.

That's something they hope Smith will help change.

An All-American and Butkus Award winner as college football's best linebacker, he led Georgia to the national championship game last season. Though he is a bit undersized at 6-foot-1, 236 pounds, he has speed and athleticism and the coverage skills to stay on the field in passing situations. His leadership is also a plus.

Smith figures to line up inside for the Bears. He'll also be reunited with another Bulldog in outside linebacker Leonard Floyd, drafted by Chicago with the No. 9 pick in 2016.

Smith said he "looked up to the guy a lot" and is eager to play with him.

"It's insane. I'm excited Terrell Edmunds Jersey Steelers ," he said.

Bears general manager Ryan Pace used the phrase "fired up" three times in his opening remarks about Smith. He later used it to describe defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, too, and again when addressing the Bears' positioning for the second day.

Fangio came into the media room prior to the draft to tell reporters he shot a hole-in-one earlier with a 9-iron from 125 yards on the fourth hole at Strawberry Creek in Kenosha, Wisconsin. His day got even better when the Bears grabbed one of the top defensive players in the draft.

"Every game you watch, this guy's flying around, making plays, you just can't help . I think in today's NFL, the linebackers are becoming more and more of this," Pace said. "Sometimes you might sacrifice a little bit of size to gain a lot of athleticism and a lot of speed, and Roquan definitely has that."

Pace said there weren't many calls looking to move up from teams needing a quarterback. He said he wasn't interesting in trading the pick, anyway, once it became clear Smith would be there for them. Pace did acknowledge the Bears tried to add a late first-rounder.

Chicago has one second-round pick, two fourth-rounders and one each in the fifth, sixth and seventh. The Bears don't have a third-round selection.

The Bears fired John Fox after three seasons and replaced him with an offensive-minded coach in Matt Nagy Authentic Martin Fehervary Jersey , who spent the past 10 years working on Andy Reid's staffs in Philadelphia and Kansas City. They also gave Trubisky some new targets, most notably signing former Pro Bowl receiver Allen Robinson.

The Bears were still looking to boost a rather effective defense. Chicago ranked 10th overall last season despite injuries to several key players, including Floyd, and tied for seventh in the NFL with 42 sacks last season. But the Bears let linebackers Jerrell Freeman, Pernell McPhee and Willie Young go.

Smith is looking forward to playing for Fangio, who in three seasons has helped transform a defense that ranked among the worst in franchise history. Fangio's predecessor was Mel Tucker, Georgia's defensive coordinator.

Smith called Tucker a "great guy" who taught him "a lot of things." But Fangio has "coached a lot of legends," including similarly sized linebackers NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis in San Francisco.

"I feel like those guys, we're all different in our own way, especially in being very unique. I feel like me, I feel like me and Patrick Willis both have similar speed and whatnot and both have a high IQ of the game."

elaine95

Wróć do Ksiegarnia logopedyczna