We need four celebrations

Odpowiada ekspert wydawnictwa Harmonia

We need four celebrations

Postautor: elaine95 » 7 sty 2019, o 05:23

The New York Yankees came home Monday night with the American League Division Series tied against the Boston Red Sox http://www.lionscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-kerryon-johnson-jersey , but they did not perform well in their first game of the series at Yankee Stadium.The home team simply could not compete in Game 3, as the Red Sox roared to a record-setting 16-1 victory over their archrivals. The Red Sox took a 2-1 advantage in the series and can close out the Yankees Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium.Brock Holt, who did not play in either of the first two games of the series, started at second base and hit for the cycle. He became the first player in major league history to hit for the cycle in the postseason."Wow, that's the first one ever," the 30-year-old said on the TBS broadcast when he was informed of his history-making achievement. "We had a lot of fun tonight and put a lot of good at bats together."While Holt earned a spot in baseball annals with his performance, Red Sox starting pitcher Nathan Eovaldi had a magnificent game as he allowed just one run in seven innings. He threw 97 pitches in his time on the mound and 72 of them were strikes.Luis Severino had a brutal game for the Yankees, lasting just three-plus inning and giving up six earned runs before manager Aaron Boone pulled him from the game after three batters in the fourth inning.That inning proved decisive in the game, as the Red Sox stretched their lead from 3-0 to 10-0. Andrew Benintendi had the big hit when he drove in three runs with a bases-loaded double. That shot took the air out of Yankee Stadium.The crowd in the Bronx was roaring for the home team as the game started and in the early innings, but when the Red Sox took the lead and stretched it out, the noise lessened considerably as their team's chances for taking a 2-1 lead in the series disappeared.CC Sabathia is charged with keeping the Yankees alive in Game 4.Chris OMeara/Associated PressRick Porcello will take the mound for the Red Sox and the Yankees will send veteran CC Sabathia to the hill. The first pitch is scheduled for 8:07 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised by TBS.The Yankees are minus-120 favorites to win and force a decisive fifth game in Boston Thursday,according to OddsShark. The Red Sox are even money to win. Those betting on the Yankees have to risk $120 to win $100, while Red Sox backers risk $100 to win $100.Porcello had a 17-7 record this year, and the former Cy Young Award winner had a 4.28 earned-run average with a 1.18 WHIP. He struck out 190 batters in 191.1 innings.Sabathia was 9-7 with a 3.65 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP. He struck out 140 batters in 153.0 innings and gave up 19 home runs.Boone was low key after the game Authentic Kerryon Johnson Jersey , and that's to be expected after his team suffered a 15-run defeat. "We have to flush this game right away," he said in the postgame press conference broadcast by the MLB Network. "We have no other choice." PredictionIt looks like the Red Sox have all the momentum after their huge win Monday night.However, it appeared the Yankees had all the momentum going into Game 3 after their win Saturday night at Fenway Park. They had displayed their power bats, and the Red Sox looked perplexed.That all changed as Eovaldi was on his game for the Red Sox, while Severino struggled badly for the Yankees.Sabathia is not likely to be intimidated by Boston's offensive show in Game 3. He will try to give New York four or five good innings and hope the Yankees can stay close.The Red Sox won 108 regular-season games and two more in the playoffs. If Porcello can give them the win and the series victory, they will be able to open the ALCS at home against the Houston Astros and ace Chris Sale will be on the mound.Look for the Red Sox to end the Yankees' season by winning the ALDS in four games. TORONTO (AP) — The Houston Astros moved their celebration from the team hotel to the clubhouse.The Astros marked their second straight AL West title by dousing one another with wine and beer and enjoying cigars after Wednesday’s 3-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays.“We’re getting used to this,” infielder Alex Bregman said. “I like it.”It was the second celebration of the day for the Astros, who clinched the division just after 2 a.m. Wednesday when Oakland lost at Seattle 10-8 in 11 innings.The Twitter account of the defending World Series champions posted videos of players, coaches and their partners jumping up and down in celebration inside a meeting room at The Ritz-Carlton Toronto.“It was pretty unique,” ace Justin Verlander said. “There’s been some unique scenarios, but not like that one.”Back inside the smoky, dripping clubhouse, the Astros enjoyed a party that was, in Verlander’s words, “a little more traditional.”“I hope we do this three more times Authentic Deshaun Watson Jersey ,” he said.Houston opens the AL Division Series at home on Oct. 5 against Central Division champion Cleveland. Before Wednesday’s game, Bregman said he was “super pumped” to repeat as division winners.“We haven’t had the smoothest of rides, a little adversity along the way, but we’ve pushed through it and we’re playing good baseball at the right time,” he said.Left-hander Dallas Keuchel was among those who stayed up to watch the A’s play Tuesday night at Safeco Field. Having celebrated late into the night, Keuchel was taking it easy at Wednesday’s postgame party.“I usually drink a little bit at these but I’m still hurting from last night,” Keuchel said.Second baseman Jose Altuve said he was proud of his teammates for wrapping up a repeat division title.“We’re having a lot of fun,” Altuve said. “I think we deserve this, we all deserve this.”Manager AJ Hinch, who stayed away from the hotel gathering because of a minor illness, decided to get involved in the clubhouse celebrations.“It probably set me back a couple of days, but it’s worth it,” Hinch said. “There’s one team that can repeat, and that’s us. We need four celebrations and 11 wins. Those are all the points that this team needs to know.”Hinch spoke to the Astros before Wednesday’s game to congratulate and thank the players, and to remind them of the task ahead.“I’m so proud of this team http://www.houstontexansteamonline.com/deshaun-watson-jersey ,” Hinch said before the game. “To go back-to-back 100 wins, back-to-back division championships, it’s not easy to do what we’re doing, so I do want out guys to relish in it.”The Astros (100-57) need three wins in their final four games to break the 1998 team record.“It’s something we would like to accomplish,” Verlander said. “Selfishly, I think we’ve got the best Houston Astros team ever assembled. Having the record to show that would be nice.”Houston is now turning its attention to the Indians.“They’re a really good team,” Altuve said. “They’ve got really good hitters like we do. They’ve got good pitching. We’ve got good pitching, too. It’s going to be interesting. I pick my team, obviously, but I think it’s going to be good competition.”Houston’s success the past two seasons is particularly meaningful to Altuve and Keuchel, who each suffered through multiple 100-loss campaigns in their first years with the team. The Astros lost a combined 324 games from 2011-2013.“You’ve got to take a second to think about how good it feels,” Keuchel said. “Being a part of two 100-loss seasons back-to-back when I first got called up and then now being part of part two consecutive 100-win seasons is pretty special.”
elaine95

Wróć do Ksiegarnia logopedyczna