four years without any disruptions.

four years without any disruptions.

Postautor: misshuana » 28 kwie 2018, o 11:53

A tree is seen after being toppled by strong wind after Hurricane Irma swept through the area Authentic J. R. Richard Jersey , in Miami, Florida, the United States, on Sept. 11, 2017. Powerful Hurricane Irma roared into Florida and knocked out power to more than 3 million homes and businesses in Florida on Sunday. (XinhuaYin Bogu)
GENEVA, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- Hurricane Irma has generated more cyclone energy than the first eight named storms of this year's Atlantic hurricane season combined Authentic Carlos Lee Jersey , and is expected to cause a huge devastation in low-lying Caribbean islands and in Florida, the United States, according to reports by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) on Tuesday.

Though final casualty figures inflicted by hurricane Irma are not immediately known, the death toll has already risen to 12 in the U.S., according to local authorities on Tuesday.

The WHO also said the tropical storm has claimed 25 lives and left 17,000 people in need of immediate shelter across the affected eastern Caribbean islands Authentic Roy Oswalt Jersey , while some 32 million people in the inhabited parts of the Caribbean are exposed to high speed wind zones.

In terms of economic losses, Irma is expected to be one of the most expensive tropical cyclones in history, the WMO predicts, given a number of records that it has refreshed.

Irma and Harvey mark the first time that two category four storms have made landfall in the U.S. in the same year. Irma has generated the most Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE) by a tropical cyclone on record in the tropical Atlantic than the first eight named storms of the Atlantic hurricane season combined in 2017.

Irma continued with it maximum wind speed of 300 kmh for 37 hours, the longest any cyclone around the globe has maintained that intensity on record. The previous record was Haiyan which caused devastation in the Philippines in the Northwest Pacific in 24 hours in November 2013. It also lasted three consecutive days as a category-five hurricane, the longest in the satellite era since 1966.

Latest numbers from the WHO suggested that almost six million people in the U.S. are without power Authentic Mike Scott Jersey , while nearly 200,000 people are staying at more than 600 shelters in Florida and Georgia.

Things are even much worse on low-lying islands in the Caribbean and the Atlantic. In the Turks and Caicos Islands, for instance, preliminary reports said that 80 to 90 percent of households were damaged on South Caicos, 70 percent on Providenciales, and 50 percent on Grand Turk Island Authentic Jose Cruz Jersey , according to the WHO.

Judging from previous studies, the WMO said greenhouse warming will cause the globally averaged intensity of tropical cyclones to shift towards stronger storms, with intensity increases of two to 11 percent by 2100. Studies also project substantial increases in the frequency of the most intense cyclones, and increases of the order of 20 percent in the precipitation rate within 100 km of the storm center.

GUANGZHOU, China, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- Alan scored twice to help Guangzhou Evergrande lead Shanghai SIPG 2-0 at half time during the second leg of their AFC Champions League quarterfinals here on Tuesday evening.

The 2-0 scoreline fired up the hope for the home side to come back from a 4-nil deficit at the first leg.

The Brazilian striker dribbled past keeper Yan Junling to break the deadlock in the 21st minute. Then Authentic Jimmy Wynn Jersey , the 28-year-old headed home a fine cross from Zhang Linpeng in the 34th minute.

Guangzhou almost made it 3-0 before the half time break, only to see Ricardo Goulart narrowly miss the target in the 42nd minute.

By sportswriter Wang Zijiang

ZURICH, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Chinese high jumper Zhang Guowei blamed a "too small apron" for his defeat in the IAAF Diamond League final here on Thursday.

Zhang, who won the silver medal at last week's Beijing World Championships, finished third by clearing 2.30 meters, behind Qatar's Essa Barshim (2.32m) and Ukraine's Bohdan Bondarenko (2.30m).

But the 24-year-old still made history by becoming the first Chinese athlete to finish top three on the Diamond League final standings.

"I don't think I have done my best Authentic Andy Pettitte Jersey ," Zhang said. "I should have won the title, I have always been confident of winning the title here. But the apron is too small, which I think has affected my performance."

After easily jumping over 2.27 meters, Zhang finally cleared 2.30m in his third attempt but was stopped after the bar had been raised to 2.32m.

He said, "If the apron were big enough, I would win the title. Unlike Barshim and Bondarenko Authentic Dallas Keuchel Jersey , who usually don't need a long run-up, I must use a very long distance to build up speed."

Zhang said that three days after winning the silver medal at the iconic Bird's Nest Stadium, he just could not adapt himself to the much smaller Letzigrund, which can only host 30,000 people compared with 80,000 in the Chinese National Stadium.

"Several other athletes were also critical of the small apron Authentic Gerrit Cole Jersey ," he said after the competition.

Zhang amused the Swiss fans with his Gangnam Style dance moves when celebrating a successful jump. He finished second in the Diamond Standings with nine points. Barshim took the Diamond League title with 20 points.

"This is my last competition of the season," he said. "I will go back home to work harder. My goal for next Rio Olympic Games is to reach the top three."

Chinese athletes have never won the Diamond League champion. Their previous best result was a fourth finish last year from Li Jinzhe in the men's long jump.

Wang Jianan, who surprised all to take the men's long jump bronze in the Beijing World Championships, soared and landed at 7.94 meters to finish four, making him rank seventh in the Diamond League final standings.

World women's javelin throw silver medalist Lv Huihui took a distant seventh .
misshuana

Wróć do Polskie Towarzystwo Logopedyczne Oddział Łódzki