Mets fell to the Los Angeles

Mets fell to the Los Angeles

Postautor: chenyan94 » 9 sie 2018, o 08:42

ST. LOUIS — A month ago Kenny Young Color Rush Jersey , St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen was saddled to the bench. Now he’s the league’s second star.

Allen went 3-0-0 with a 1.00 goals-against average and .961 save percentage in wins over Boston, Vancouver and Columbus last week. The Blues’ 2-1 win on Saturday ended the Blue Jackets‘ 10-game winning streak.

“We’ve got a good thing going right now,” Allen told NHL.com. “I just happened to get the honor.

It’s not a huge deal. Right now, we’re headed in the right direction. Seven games left, a big one tomorrow and looking forward to it.”

Allen earned the second star behind Edmonton’s Connor McDavid and ahead of Winnipeg’s Kyle Connor.

Allen went 2-13-0 from Dec. 14-Feb. 25. During that span, Carter Hutton went 11-5-0 and earned the majority of the playing time before being sidelined due to an injury.

With Hutton shelved, Allen found his game again.

“Both have had really good years for us and obviously there was a time where with Jake, maybe it wasn’t going as well,” Blues coach Mike Yeo told NHL.com. “We could point to the goal scoring Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , we could point to a number of things, but I think by his standards, I think by our standards, we knew that there was another level there and certainly we’re seeing it right now with Jake.

“But Carter’s play during that time, that was real important for the group. You need two goalies in the NHL right now. The days of a guy being in the net for 70 games a year and being problem-free for the whole season, it’s too difficult not. It’s too much parity, it’s too much with all the schedules, too demanding. The importance of two goaltenders probably has never been more important.”

Hutton returned to practice on Monday and likely will get a start over the weekend when the Blues have back-to-back road games in Vegas and Arizona.

Allen figures to get the nod as the Blues host the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday night. St. Louis had won five straight and entered Monday holding the second wild card in the Western Conference.

The Blues are 0-2-0 against the Sharks this season, including a 2-0 loss in San Jose on March 8.

The Sharks won their eighth straight Nate Solder Color Rush Jersey , edging the Chicago Blackhawks 4-3 in a shootout on Monday. It is tied for the third-longest winning streak in Sharks history and is their longest since winning nine straight from Nov. 13-Dec. 4, 2008.

Kevin Labanc scored the game-winner in the fifth round of the shootout and Martin Jones made 28 saves.

“It wasn’t pretty for a lot of it,” Jones told NHL.com. “But we found a way to win, and we’ve been doing that a lot lately, so that’s a good sign.”

Sharks forward Joe Pavelski said the team cannot get complacent.

“Our game’s still in a good spot, but it has to go back up a level instead of trending down,” Pavelski told NHL.com. “We understand where we’re at, what time of the season it is, what needs to be done.”

NEW YORK — An emotional Tuesday may have brought the end to an era for the New York Mets. But the Mets know there’s no better way to pay tribute to Sandy Alderson than by proving Wednesday night that Tuesday night’s win was no fluke.

The Mets will look to earn a series victory Wednesday night Gleyber Torres New York Yankees Jersey , when they host the Pittsburgh Pirates in the rubber match of a three-game set at Citi Field.

Zack Wheeler (2-6, 4.85 ERA) is scheduled to take the mound for New York against Pittsburgh’s Ivan Nova (4-5, 3.98 ERA) in a battle of right-handers.

The Mets concluded a whirlwind day by edging the Pirates 4-3 in 10 innings. Wilmer Flores, who had a two-run single in the first inning, delivered his third walk-off hit of the season and the ninth walk-off hit of his career when his single down the third-base line scored Michael Conforto from first base with one out.

The Mets (32-45) snapped a seven-game losing streak hours after learning Alderson, who has been the team’s general manager since October 2010, would be taking an indefinite leave of absence to battle a recurrence of cancer. He was originally diagnosed in 2015 and underwent treatment following that season.

Three of Alderson’s assistants — John Ricco, J.P. Ricciardi and Omar Minaya — will share the general manager’s role while Alderson is out.

Alderson said during a pregame press conference that the cancer returned in April. He informed players of his diagnosis during a pregame meeting that left many players in tears but also may have crystallized their focus.

“We have a job to do and lately we haven’t been doing it up to our potential,” Conforto said. “So we really wanted to focus in and just make sure that we bounce back today http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jordan-whitehead-jersey , of all days, and play a little bit better. I think we showed a little fight there. We battled back and scratched together enough runs to win a ballgame tonight. So hopefully that gets us on the right path.”

The Pirates (37-42) were hoping a wire-to-wire 6-4 victory in Monday’s opener would get them back on the right track, but Tuesday’s loss was the sixth in the last seven games.

On Wednesday, the Pirates will be seeking only their second series win in their last 13 series dating back to May 17, a span in which they are 12-25.

“I think I shared with our club — I don’t believe I’ve ever been through a rough patch of 34 games since I’ve been in the major leagues as a player, coach or manager,” said Pirates manager Clint Hurdle, who reached the bigs as a player in 1977. “And I’ve had enough. There’s a point in time you stop talking about being a good team, now you go play like a good team. Because your record’s telling you you’re not a good team.”

Wheeler will be looking to earn his first win in almost two months. He took the loss Friday after allowing four runs over seven innings as the Mets fell to the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-2. Wheeler is 0-5 with a 5.13 ERA in 10 starts since his most recent victory April 29.

Nova didn’t factor into the decision Friday Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , when he allowed three hits over eight scoreless innings in the Pirates’ 2-1, 13-inning loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks. It was the second time this season Nova has tossed eight scoreless innings. He also didn’t earn a decision in Pittsburgh’s 1-0 win over the Detroit Tigers on April 26.

Wheeler didn’t factor into the decision in his lone previous start against the Pirates on May 27, 2017, when he gave up three runs over six innings as the Mets fell 5-4 in 10 innings.

Nova is 1-0 with a 2.82 ERA in four career appearances (three starts) against the Mets.

chenyan94

Wróć do Polskie Towarzystwo Logopedyczne Oddział Śląski