defense and special teams

defense and special teams

Postautor: chenyan94 » 11 sie 2018, o 04:25

Four-time Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton followed this winter’s well-worn path from the Chicago Bears to the Miami Dolphins George Springer Jersey , and that’s not by accident.

After signing a two-year free agent contract with Miami that could be worth nearly $18 million including incentives, Sitton said he was drawn to the Dolphins by the recent hirings of assistant coaches Dowell Loggains and Jeremiah Washburn.

Both were with the Bears last year. Loggains is Miami’s new offensive coordinator.

”We’ve had a pretty good little friendship over the past couple of years,” Sitton said Friday. ”I love his style of coaching. I love his offense. I love the system that they run. Coach Washburn as well – he’s one of my favorite coaches that I’ve had in my career. They definitely played a big part in it.”

Washburn is coach Adam Gase’s new offensive line coach, meaning he’ll oversee a makeover up front. On Wednesday, the Dolphins released three-time Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey and acquired center Daniel Kilgore in a trade with San Francisco.

Last month Kilgore signed an $11.78 million, three-year contract extension with the 49ers, but became expendable when they signed free agent center Weston Richburg this week.

”I don’t regret anything,” Kilgore said. ”A month ago when I signed the extension, I never dreamed about being in this position. I had the goal of starting and finishing my career there. But this is a new chapter for my family and me, and I think the change will be good.”

The Dolphins’ newest acquisitions also include free agent receivers Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson. They’ll combine to replace Jarvis Landry Youth Mike Gesicki Jersey , who was traded to Cleveland.

They join a corps of wideouts that includes holdovers Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker.

”The way we’re going to put the stretch on some defenses is going to be crazy,” Wilson said. ”Danny is a straight-up dog. He’s very similar to me in the slot. He’s going to work and win. When you can count on a guy like that, man, it’s special.”

Sitton also is upbeat about his new teammates, including quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who missed last season because of a knee injury.

”With Tannehill coming back and being healthy, I think there are a lot of good parts to this team that are in place, and I think we can be really good,” Sitton said. ”I want to be somewhere I think we can win, and I think we can do that here.”

ARIZONA CARDINALS (8-8)

OPEN CAMP: July 27 Albert Wilson Color Rush Jersey , Glendale, Arizona

LAST YEAR: Cardinals dealt with myriad injuries but managed to pull out win in Seattle in finale to finish 8-8 in coach Bruce Arians’ final game. He announced retirement next day. Arians finished with franchise-record 50 wins, but his teams failed to make playoffs in last two years. QB Carson Palmer, after another season shortened by injury, also announced retirement. 8-8 record came despite loss of standout running back David Johnson when he dislocated wrist in opener. It was another standout year for Larry Fitzgerald: In 14th NFL season, he finished second in league in receptions with 102. Outside linebacker Chandler Jones led NFL with 16 sacks.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: Coach Steve Wilks, QB Sam Bradford, QB Josh Rosen, QB Mike Glennon, RT Andre Smith Youth Jerome Baker Jersey , RG Justin Pugh, WR Brice Butler, WR Christian Kirk, CB Jamar Taylor, RB Chase Edmonds.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Arians, Palmer, S Tyrann Mathieu, WR John Brown, WR Jaron Brown, QB Drew Stanton http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-m.j.-stewart-jersey , OT Jared Veldheer, CB Justin Bethel, OG Alex Boone, DT Frostee Rucker, ILB Karlos Dansby, DT Josh Mauro, TE Troy Niklas, OT Earl Watford.

CAMP NEEDS: With new coach and new systems on offense, defense and special teams, plenty for Cardinals to work on once they don pads. While most practices will be held in air conditioned comfort of University of Phoenix Stadium Jim Rice Jersey , Wilks says he wants some workouts outside in sweltering Arizona summer heat. There will be several important position battles, including for No. 2 receiver spot behind Fitzgerald. There’s also intrigue at quarterback, where Rosen has drawn praise as Cardinals bring along Bradford slowly after last year’s knee injury. Rosen will try to unseat Glennon as backup. Wilks and new offensive coordinator Mike McCoy want much of offense built around dynamic Johnson, who led NFL in yards from scrimmage two seasons ago. But Johnson skipped mandatory minicamp in contract dispute. Wilks also has cut camp shorter, ending it on Aug. 13 – just after second preseason game – and moving back to practice facilities.

EXPECTATIONS: Outside of Cardinals organization, expectations aren’t high. Many early forecasts have them finishing last in the NFC West. But Wilks has impressed players with his system and he says team has cornerstones of great players – Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, Johnson and maybe Bradford – to build winning team. Preseason games will be particularly interesting as Rosen is likely to get extensive playing time.

chenyan94

Wróć do Polskie Towarzystwo Logopedyczne Oddział Śląski