Multiple issues plagued the Raiders defense

Multiple issues plagued the Raiders defense

Postautor: chenyan94 » 21 paź 2019, o 03:37

in 2018. The biggest being lack of talent. But youth and inexperience in the new scheme under defensive coordinator Womens Derek Carr Jersey , Paul Guenther was also a major..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal - WhiteSilver And Black Pridean Oakland Raiders communityFollow Silver And Black Pride online:Follow Silver And Black Pride on TwitterFollow Silver And Black Pride on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchSilver And Black Pride main menuFanpostsFanshotsRaidersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Raiders defense developing ‘trust factor’ that was lacking in 2018New,24commentsPDTMultiple issues plagued the Raiders defense in 2018. The biggest being lack of talent. But youth and inexperience in the new scheme under defensive coordinator, Paul Guenther was also a major factor. Much of that was caused by high turnover.“It was a tough season, obviously,” said second year defensive tackle Maurice Hurst. “We had a lot of bodies coming in and out of our locker room and it can be extremely tough to put in new defenses and get guys that come in and have to play after sitting on the couch.”One of the phrases you often hear thrown around by successful teams is “chemistry.”It is an essential component of championship teams.That was clearly lacking with the 2018 Raiders, not only on the defense.“You don’t grow chemistry, you don’t trust one another, so there wasn’t that trust factor that we are starting to develop.”The defense which has not ranked better than 20th overall in points allowed since Derek Carr’s rookie year in 2014 fell to historic lows last season. However, they have some reason to feel they will be improved this season. The talent received a jolt with a defensive heavy rookie class including three picks in the top 40 along the addition of veterans Lamarcus Joyner, Vontaze Burfict Gareon Conley Jersey , and Brandon Marshall.But adding veterans and rookies isn’t enough.“We had some older guys and it was great to have the opportunity to learn from them, but now it’s our time to take it over and start to develop our own identity,” Hurst continued. “That’s something that we didn’t do last year, is to develop an identity, and I think that’s what we are going to try and accomplish early on and just set a tone and keep it rolling throughout the season.”More important than talent on paper is the expectation that second year players Maurice Hurst, Arden Key, and P.J. Hall will make a big leap in year two and returning players finding their stride in the defensive scheme. This team will live and die by their development.Editor’s note: Levi Damien contributed to this article. We now know that head coach Jon Gruden and new general manager Mike Mayock will lead the Oakland Raiders into the future. The next person down the chain of command is the quarterback and there are many that doubt Derek Carr will be that guy. When asked about it at his introductory press conference, Mayock sounded fairly non-committal about it.“That’s really part of my study right now,” said Mayock of whether Derek Carr is the future of the franchise. “Bottom line, it’s easy to pick names right now Johnathan Hankins Jersey , but I’m not going to make a comment on anybody on the current roster until I’ve done a complete deep dive and I’ve had a chance to meet with all of the coaches.”The next day, he on NFL Network that day, Mayock sounded a bit more solid on Carr. He sounded like he wants to give the $100 million QB another year.“I had him as the No. 20 overall pick in the draft so I had him as a 1st-round pick coming out of Fresno,” Mayock said of Carr. “He can spin it with anybody and I think that’s the key. From arm strength and athletic ability, he’s as good as anybody out there. Now do you have to protect him? Do you have to get him some weapons to fairly evaluate the quarterback position? I think you do.”Mayock has been the voice of reason on matters regarding the draft for years on NFL Network. Now, he’s an official voice of reason in Gruden’s ear and there’s plenty of reason in his voice in regards to Carr. There is no Andrew Luck or Patrick Mahomes in the draft this year. So rolling with the 2016 NFL MVP candidate in his second year in a new system doesn’t sound like a bad idea. And if he can’t get it done in 2019, the 2020 draft figures to have some solid QB’s.
chenyan94

Wróć do Polskie Towarzystwo Logopedyczne Oddział Śląski