Salah Closes In On African UCL Record

Odpowiada ekspert MiMowa.pl

Postautor: BoySmile » 6 kwie 2018, o 05:36

Obrazek
Having already scored 38 goals this season, Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah is now closing in on an African UEFA Champions League record held by an FC Barcelona legend.The 25-year-old scored the opener in his side's superb 3-0 quarter-final first leg win over Manchester City on Wednesday night. The goal was Salah's 38th across all competitions this season, with only Cristiano Ronaldo having scored more in bet Europe.It was also Salah's seventh strike in the current edition of the Champions League, a record that was later matched in the same game by his teammate Sadio Mane.Only legendary Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o managed to score more – eight times – during a single Champions League campaign, as pointed out by Opt Sports. What might surprise some is the fact that Eto'o did not manage to score more than six UCL goals in a single campaign for the Catalan giants, but set the record later, during his time at Inter Milan.Salah, in particular, and Mane have been in great form this season, and it looks like they could have three more chances – the second leg against City as well as two appearances in a potential semi-final – to bet break Eto'o's African UCL record.Legendary Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is still the African with the most Champions League goals overall, but despite his 50 goals in the competition, the Ivorian never managed to score more than six in a single campaign.Salah left the pitch after just 54 minutes in the first leg against City due to an injury concern, but Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has since revealed that the Egyptian told him it is not a major issue."After the game, I asked (Salah) and he said: 'I will be fine, I will be good.' But now we have to wait for the real diagnosis and notbet only Mo's self-diagnosis," Klopp said, as quoted by ESPN.
BoySmile

Wróć do Gry i zabawy logopedyczne